Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Teams that will be looking for QBs?

I actually don't see that many teams needing quarterbacks. I think we're in the middle of a quarterback boom in the NFL. A new era that will cause the position of these quarterbacks to be selected lower than normal. You'll see some of these top QB prospects end up being backups on teams that already have reliable starting QBs, and then they'll just have to do what Wilson did, prove in the preseason that he has the intangibles to be more efficient than the starter already in place.

Who the fuck do you think you are? I can talk what I want about Blaine Gabbert, you don't get to tell me that I have to take some ridiculous bet with a really stupid consequence or I can't say anything about him, and you even have a built-in caveat to said stupid bet.

TGP is the best fucking football forum on the net, I'm not gonna leave because some moron who's been here all of a week comes in and acts like a little jackass.

Lol@comparing Gabbert as a QB to Gronk and Hernandez as TEs.

You're an insider in the Jags organization. Right. This is the same guy who thinks the Texans will draft a TE because "fans at ESPN want them to."

ya okay lets talk UNEDUCATED about Blaine Gabbert all you want but i know how Blaine Gabbert is Really Playing Like. You dont have the Balls to Take MY bet because you know that im right. The Built in Caveat is Because Crazier things have happened then a GM Getting Fired or Let go that no one saw coming. u seem to love talking Gabbert like hes some Scrub Player when in Reality Hes 5 times the Player you will ever Be in real Life.

LOL at you thinking the Jags will take a QB in round 1 Next year because Obviously he sucks so Much that he won the starting Job over Chad Henne who is an AVERAGE Starting QB.

lets put it in Better terms for ya since you obviously didnt get the Comparison. it would be like the Panthers taking a QB in round 1 cuz obviously with the way Cam newton Played HE ISNT an NFL QB. :yep:

ill be Nice and Explain the Comparison so you Might actually get it. Gronk and Hernandez are to TEs that are good/great. it wouldnt Make sense to take a TE in round 1 when you have them. Blaine Gabbert is a GOOD QB(not great but Not Horrible).

so LETS Agree to Disagree About Blaine Gabbert.

now about the texans Pick. owen Daniels is good TE but he has Durability Problems. sure they could Like Graham alot but would that stop you from picking the Best Player on the Board. the texans love to use the TE so getting a All around TE whos Bigger than Both Graham and Daniels could actually make Foster and Tate even better cuz Eifert is a good Blocking TE. there was a Player or 2 that would Make sense for them at NT but apparently they love Cody and Mitchell plus i dont think that those 2 Nose Tackles are the type Of NTs wade Phillips defense runs on which seems to be More like the Jay Ratliff nt typ eover the Casey hampton style and both NTs that could be good value are casey Hampton Style.

• Downvote 4

:rofl: that I posted that in a middle of a pissing contest and never realized to begin with. Hey but new jacksonville guy, you sure do sound liuke quiet teh expertz wit all dis mis spellin n shit.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL at you thinking the Jags will take a QB in round 1 Next year because Obviously he sucks so Much that he won the starting Job over Chad Henne who is an AVERAGE Starting QB.

lets put it in Better terms for ya since you obviously didnt get the Comparison. it would be like the Panthers taking a QB in round 1 cuz obviously with the way Cam newton Played HE ISNT an NFL QB. :yep:

ill be Nice and Explain the Comparison so you Might actually get it. Gronk and Hernandez are to TEs that are good/great. it wouldnt Make sense to take a TE in round 1 when you have them. Blaine Gabbert is a GOOD QB(not great but Not Horrible).

Chad Henne isn't an average QB. He blows.

And what in the world has Blaine Gabbert done to consider him a "good" QB by any standard?

And it isn't the same thing as the Patriots grabbing a TE in Rd. 1 with Hernandez and Gronk. Because the QB is the most important position in the NFL. And those two tight ends have proven that they can be great. What has Gabbert proven?

You can use the Oline excuse all you want, but all he's shown so far is that he's a bellow average QB, at best. So it wouldn't be the same thing.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

gabberts gonna be given 3 years before they decide to move on or not. Gene Smith is going to give Blaine every chance to succeed. the Only way we might go qb in round 1 is if and ONLY IF Gene Smith is Fired which isnt LIKELY to happen. the Owner likes Gene Smith and the Head Coach and Him are on the same page so the odds of making a move like that are slim and none. it would be like the Patriots Drafting a TE in round 1 even though they got Gronk and hernandez.

here ill make a Bet. Loser leaves TGP. Man up or SHUT UP. also note if gene Smith is Fired this Bet is OFF.

Its no secret that I rarely side with Natos on anything but as far as this kid...

:ban:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nope. either He takes the bet or he shuts up completely about Blaine Gabbert. i am an insider to the jags organization. i can see him getting atleast another year after this season and Possibley another year if the jags dont like any of the QB Prospects. i only see 2 QBs that i like in the 2014 Possibility and could enter in 2013 but they would be best served to stay in school.

12 year olds who can't spell "possibly" have no connection to the jags organization aside from Fan Appreciation Day

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ya okay lets talk UNEDUCATED about Blaine Gabbert all you want but i know how Blaine Gabbert is Really Playing Like. You dont have the Balls to Take MY bet because you know that im right. The Built in Caveat is Because Crazier things have happened then a GM Getting Fired or Let go that no one saw coming. u seem to love talking Gabbert like hes some Scrub Player when in Reality Hes 5 times the Player you will ever Be in real Life.

now about the texans Pick. owen Daniels is good TE but he has Durability Problems. sure they could Like Graham alot but would that stop you from picking the Best Player on the Board. the texans love to use the TE so getting a All around TE whos Bigger than Both Graham and Daniels could actually make Foster and Tate even better cuz Eifert is a good Blocking TE. there was a Player or 2 that would Make sense for them at NT but apparently they love Cody and Mitchell plus i dont think that those 2 Nose Tackles are the type Of NTs wade Phillips defense runs on which seems to be More like the Jay Ratliff nt typ eover the Casey hampton style and both NTs that could be good value are casey Hampton Style.

Your random capitlization on words is hilarious....lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Chad Henne is an average QB? What exactly qualifies as a bad QB? The Jags are letting Gabbert start because they need to see what they have with him and because Henne is not the future of the organization. That doesn't necessarily mean he "won" the starting job.

I'm not taking your bet because TGP is the best football forum on the web, you've been here one week, and you want to make a bet that the loser has to leave? (Based on something the Jags front office does, too, lol. You might as well flip a coin.) And then you try to act tough when someone doesn't take that retarded bet?

I have no problem with a Jags fan believing in their QB, and saying that he will get better. I may disagree with them, but I don't have a problem with it. What I have a problem with is you claiming that he is a good QB, based on... well, nothing, and that you claim to be an insider in the Jags organization.

And again you miss the point. I wasn't mocking you having the Texans take a TE, I was mocking the reason you gave for them taking a TE.

And NYG is right, your random capitalization is hilarious.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chad Henne is an average QB? What exactly qualifies as a bad QB? The Jags are letting Gabbert start because they need to see what they have with them and because Henne is not the future of the organization. That doesn't necessarily mean he "won" the starting job.

I'm not taking your bet because TGP is the best football forum on the web, you've been here one week, and you want to make a bet that the loser has to leave? And then you try to act tough when someone doesn't take that retarded bet?

I have no problem with a Jags fan believing in their QB, and saying that he will get better. I may disagree with them, but I don't have a problem with it. What I have a problem with is you claiming that he is a good QB, based on... well, nothing, and that you claim to be an insider in the Jags organization.

And again you miss the point. I wasn't mocking you having the Texans take a TE, I was mocking the reason you gave for them taking a TE.

And NYG is right, your random capitalization is hilarious.

Capital letters At random Times in a Sentence FTW :thumbup2::Banana:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the Jags continue play as is, and the schedule will get a lot tougher down the line, then Gene Smith is (thankfully) going to be fired. He's missed on way too many top 10 picks. He even in fact admitted that the Jaguars need more talent, you know, the precise job of the GM, the position he holds: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/10/10/3484370/fire-gene-smith-jacksonville-jaguars-lack-talent There it is right from the horses mouth. He's basically admitting he's failed. I can't see any other result than a firing if the Jags don't inexplicably catch fire for the rest of the year. The only one that's panned out is Monroe, and Blackmon doesn't count via being a rookie and having a failed top 10 pick in Gabbert throwing to him.

If Gene Smith is fired, and the Jags have the #1 pick this year, which seems quite likely, say hello to Geno Smith.

Thank god too, Geno is a stud. Gabbert is a career backup. I rooted for the guy, he's improved just a little since last year (no more wincing in the pocket this year, and he'll take hits unlike last year.) But he still has poor eye level (when rush is near, he takes his eyes off down field and looks to scramble, usually into sacks), inconsistent accuracy (especially to his left), lacks deep ball accuracy, and his internal clock is way too fast (he checks down way too soon now, leaving plays on the field.)

Geno could do for the Jags what Luck is doing for the Colts right now. This is the best case scenario for the Jags' future, one horrible season for a stud to build around for the next decade plus. Oh yeah, and Gene Smith will be gone, that's good for the future as well. Again, I've supported Gene Smith the past three years as he's been ragged by impatient fans, but he's had four years and the Jags are worse than when he started. That's automatic firing in my book. I just hope Khan is as smart of a businessman as he seems and makes the right decision. Hopefully since he's the 5th richest owner in the NFL he can throw some big money to lure an Eric DeCosta, a Kevin Colbert, or an Eliot Wolf away from the Packers. Those guys aren't likely however due to their circumstances and not wanting to leave successful franchises for an upstart in Jax, but the Jags need GMs who actually draft BPA, and not just talk about it like Gene Smith.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson