Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Teams that will be looking for QBs?

A lot of scouts and fans believe this QB class might turn out to be pretty deep with at least 5 QBs capable of going in the first, possibly more.

So of the teams in the NFL, even though we are only 1-2 weeks in, which ones do you believe will be drafting a QB by the year's end?

All possibilities IMO:

Chiefs, Arizona, Buffalo, Raiders

Others (some more far'fetched then others):

Seahawks, Jags, Browns Rams, Vikings, Eagles, Bengals, Bucs

Well...what do we have going on in Seattle? If Wilson starts the entire year it's possible Flynn demands a trade. So he might go to one of those teams.

I don't think that Jacksonville or Minnesota will be in a position where they are doubting Gabbert/Ponder I think both of those two have solid years.

So I agree with your list except Seattle, Jacksonville, and Minnesota, and Cincinnati.

Well...what do we have going on in Seattle? If Wilson starts the entire year it's possible Flynn demands a trade. So he might go to one of those teams.

I don't think that Jacksonville or Minnesota will be in a position where they are doubting Gabbert/Ponder I think both of those two have solid years.

So I agree with your list except Seattle, Jacksonville, and Minnesota, and Cincinnati.

i agree on those 4 though i wouldnt rule out seattle if they are picking at 1 so Carrol can go grab barkley.

from wat i have seen from this years gabbert to last years gabbert is like Nite and Day. the biggest issues i saw with Gabbert from last year was scared in the pocket, Poor Footwork. from wat i have seen so fat this year he has Confidence in the Pocket(even with the Crappy O-line we have out there cuz of injuries), and hes been throwing the ball fairly accurately and only really made 2 bad inaccuracies which one was a bit of leading the wr to much and the other was 10 yards to deep. he still has some work to do to be a Great qb but he looks to be atleast a QB you can win games with.

• Downvote 1

Broncos unless they really believe that Osweiller is the answer.

Considering he was a 2nd round pick, I doubt they give up on him after one season.

Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals and maybe a bit more surprising the Bears.

The latter I'll elaborate on. I do not expect the Bears to go spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a QB this year. But I do believe, Cutler is just going to have an extremely disappointing season. Every year he's been in Chicago he's just gotten worse as far as production goes. How long are the Bears going to let this go on for? Sure, they have done a pretty crappy job of protecting him. Arguably one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. Not all of it falls on Cutler.

Though, I think the window for the Bears competing in the NFC North is very short. Cutler's contract ends after this season. I expect the Bears to extend him, but I also expect them to regret that extension.

If the Browns have an opportunity to draft a premium quarterback this year, I think they may have to give up on Brandon Weeden (assuming he has a weak year).

For the Bucs, it depends on the year that Freeman has...

If he can look like 2010 Freeman, or close to it, we won't be looking for a QB.

We'll see...

Idk. If Cinci, and Minny sputter this season, I see it happening.

Whoever lands Tyler Bray, I will forever be envious.

Whoever lands Tyler Bray, I will forever be envious.

No shit, I love that guys potential.

I really dont think the Rams are looking for a QB. I think Sam Bradford is going to be a pretty good QB.

Almost every team has got a QB that they "believe in" right now that was recently drafted.

Browns, Rams, Broncos, Jags are my main suspects for an early QB though.

Almost every team has got a QB that they "believe in" right now that was recently drafted.

Browns, Rams, Broncos, Jags are my main suspects for an early QB though.

i got sources that are telling me Jags aint gonna take a QB. Jags gonna give him 3-4 years to prove himself. genes not likely to pick a QB early. if gene smith is fired however then i could buy it slightly but im sure the jags will be having Mularkeys imput into should the jags draft a QB early. My feeling is Mularkey likes Blaine Gabbert.

Blaine Gabbert needs a better offensive line(i mean we started herb Taylor(who hadnt played a game since the 2008 season) and Guy whimper(god hes awful.). if the jags have Britton and Bradfield in the lineup and hes still struggling and looking like the 2011 version of Blaine then i would consider it but im not expecting an early QB. im expecting an Early DE/DT or CB or a Suprise offensive linemen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

i got sources that are telling me Jags aint gonna take a QB. Jags gonna give him 3-4 years to prove himself. genes not likely to pick a QB early. if gene smith is fired however then i could buy it slightly but im sure the jags will be having Mularkeys imput into should the jags draft a QB early. My feeling is Mularkey likes Blaine Gabbert.

Blaine Gabbert needs a better offensive line(i mean we started herb Taylor(who hadnt played a game since the 2008 season) and Guy whimper(god hes awful.). if the jags have Britton and Bradfield in the lineup and hes still struggling and looking like the 2011 version of Blaine then i would consider it but im not expecting an early QB. im expecting an Early DE/DT or CB or a Suprise offensive linemen.

:rofl: at the bolded part.

You got sources? Hahaha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You got sources? Hahaha.

Yes Sir.

Blaines Passer Rating thru 2 games is 84.91.

his numbers are 30 completions 58 attempts 313 yards 3 touchdowns No Interceptions.

those look like Fine Numbers to me. Could use a bit more Completions but thats just me being picky.

• Downvote 1

Yes Sir.

Blaines Passer Rating thru 2 games is 84.91.

his numbers are 30 completions 58 attempts 313 yards 3 touchdowns No Interceptions.

those look like Fine Numbers to me. Could use a bit more Completions but thats just me being picky.

Really?

So if Gabbert sputters the rest of the season giving performances like the one he had yesterday consistently. And the Jags are sitting there at #1, 2 or 3, and a Geno Smith who has been lights out so far in college football is there. Why would the Jaguars not look his way?

Really?

So if Gabbert sputters the rest of the season giving performances like the one he had yesterday consistently. And the Jags are sitting there at #1, 2 or 3, and a Geno Smith who has been lights out so far in college football is there. Why would the Jaguars not look his way?

the coaching staff believes in Gabbert. hes still very young and yes he still has stuff to learn.

im gonna Judge him when he doesnt have Guy WHIMPER playing RT for him. Guy whimper is the leagues worst Offensive linemen.

im taking last weeks game with a grain of salt because of the simple Fact he had a Street Free agent starting at LG(i mean no one was rushing to sign Herb Taylor who hadnt played in an NFL game since 2008) and Guy whimper(whom is considered by MANY People to be arguebly among the worst linemen in the NFL. heres Guy whimpers Last 17 games stats(using last year and so far this year). He has started 16 games had 5 penalties for 45 yards and 15.5 sacks which resulted in 110.5 yards. i dont know how many pressures hes given up but based on all the games i watched last year and this year that NUMBER has gotta be up in atleast the 50s and probably closer to 100.

im not saying Gabbert is great by any-means but let the man have atleast an Average Offensive line plus IMO plus the team has alot(i mean a 1st and 2nd round pick) invested in gabbert and they are more than likely to give him every chance to succeed.

as far as Geno Smith goes to me hes alot like Blaine Gabbert comeing out from a SHOTGUN offense. to me he has the Talent to be an NFL qb but hes gonna need quite a bit of time to be ready to start and the same weaknesses Blaine Had Coming out. if the team was to Pick a QB in round 1 which i dont think they will do id probably would rather have Barkley or wilson. in my eyes i would rather Spend a first round pick on defense seeing how our defense has looked. We have yet to register a Sack and to me thats dissapointing. a guy like Montgomery, mingo or even Jarvis Jones would do alot more for the jags than adding another QB early. now a qb in the mid rounds im fine with because i dont think hennes all that great and the guy i think id would take in the middle rounds is Brad Sorenson for Southern Utah who has one of the best and quickest releases in college.

• Downvote 1

I was mocking the fact that you claim to have "sources" in the Jags organization that tell you these things.

If Gabbert has another terrible season, they are going to look at drafting a QB in the first round.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was mocking the fact that you claim to have "sources" in the Jags organization that tell you these things.

If Gabbert has another terrible season, they are going to look at drafting a QB in the first round.

gabberts gonna be given 3 years before they decide to move on or not. Gene Smith is going to give Blaine every chance to succeed. the Only way we might go qb in round 1 is if and ONLY IF Gene Smith is Fired which isnt LIKELY to happen. the Owner likes Gene Smith and the Head Coach and Him are on the same page so the odds of making a move like that are slim and none. it would be like the Patriots Drafting a TE in round 1 even though they got Gronk and hernandez.

here ill make a Bet. Loser leaves TGP. Man up or SHUT UP. also note if gene Smith is Fired this Bet is OFF.

Edited by TDJacksonville
  • Downvote 1

gabberts gonna be given 3 years before they decide to move on or not. Gene Smith is going to give Blaine every chance to succeed. the Only way we might go qb in round 1 is if and ONLY IF Gene Smith is Fired which isnt LIKELY to happen. the Owner likes Gene Smith and the Head Coach and Him are on the same page so the odds of making a move like that are slim and none. it would be like the Patriots Drafting a TE in round 1 even though they got Gronk and hernandez.

here ill make a Bet. Loser leaves TGP. Man up or SHUT UP. also note if gene Smith is Fired this Bet is OFF.

Drop it. Nothing he said was that serious. He wasn't even laughing at your statement. He was laughing at the fact you said "your sources"... As if you have/are an insider to the Jag's organization.

Anyway, by 3 years you don't mean 3 EXTRA years do you? Cause if you do...

• Upvote 1

Drop it. Nothing he said was that serious. He wasn't even laughing at your statement. He was laughing at the fact you said "your sources"... As if you have/are an insider to the Jag's organization.

Anyway, by 3 years you don't mean 3 EXTRA years do you? Cause if you do...

nope. either He takes the bet or he shuts up completely about Blaine Gabbert. i am an insider to the jags organization. i can see him getting atleast another year after this season and Possibley another year if the jags dont like any of the QB Prospects. i only see 2 QBs that i like in the 2014 Possibility and could enter in 2013 but they would be best served to stay in school.

• Downvote 2

You got sources? Hahaha.

There's just as much proof that he has sources as you have that he doesn't.

I know people who work in the Chargers organization, big whoop ya wanna fight about it? :troll:

I know people who work in the Illuminati. I win.

There's just as much proof that he has sources as you have that he doesn't.

I know people who work in the Chargers organization, big whoop ya wanna fight about it? :troll:

Have at thee!

:swordfight:

nope. either He takes the bet or he shuts up completely about Blaine Gabbert. i am an insider to the jags organization. i can see him getting atleast another year after this season and Possibley another year if the jags dont like any of the QB Prospects. i only see 2 QBs that i like in the 2014 Possibility and could enter in 2013 but they would be best served to stay in school.

Who the fuck do you think you are? I can talk what I want about Blaine Gabbert, you don't get to tell me that I have to take some ridiculous bet with a really stupid consequence or I can't say anything about him, and you even have a built-in caveat to said stupid bet.

TGP is the best fucking football forum on the net, I'm not gonna leave because some moron who's been here all of a week comes in and acts like a little jackass.

Lol@comparing Gabbert as a QB to Gronk and Hernandez as TEs.

You're an insider in the Jags organization. Right. This is the same guy who thinks the Texans will draft a TE because "fans at ESPN want them to."

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1