Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bears Will Tryout Steve Slaton

Slaton lost a numbers game with the Miami Dolphins and was cut on Sept. 1. The fifth-year pro had his best season as a 22-year-old rookie in 2008, when he rushed for nearly 1,300 yards with the Houston Texans. Injuries have limited his success in subsequent years, however.

A source who has spoken with Forte told NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport the running back suffered a high ankle sprain in the Bears' 23-10 loss on Thursday night. Chicago hasn't released any timetable on Forte's return, but players have been known to miss a month or more with the injury.

The signing of Michael Bush suddenly appears to be a masterstroke by Bears management. It remains to be seen if Slaton joins the mix as well.

NFL.com

Definitely not a bad choice at all. I've always liked Steve Slaton. Wish he would catch on somewhere other than Chicago, but...

Slaton will always have a special place in my heart for what he did with the Texans in 2008, but after shoulder/neck injuries and fumbling problems he became a very timid/scared running back. I'm sure he could be a good 3rd down back on some teams that need a receiving back.