Sign in to follow this  
TDJacksonville

TD Jacksonville 2013 Mock Draft

No was else was annoyed by this

4. Jacksonville (0-2): Jarvis Jones OLB/DE Georgia<--I see him like Von Miller and I think that he should be able to make our defense better seeing how I don’t think Millner is worth a pick this high and I don’t see the jags going for a RT this high. i would go DT if Terrance Knighton is Let go but I don’t see gene smith doing that. Smith could be let go though I don’t see gene letting him go but session migh be let go so there could be an opening at the Other OLB spot.

Dion Jordan versus Arizona 2011:

Dion Jordan versus Fresno St. 2012 (this year):

Dion Jordan Highlights from all of 2011 (All-Pac 10):

This guy is a freak. Jevon Kearse was the first dubbed that, this guy looks just like him it's unreal. In the Fresno St. game this year he's guarding slot receivers, he's in 4 point stances, 3 point stances, standing up at OLB. On the left, on the right. He pursues, has motor, has that first step, the speed, he can bend on the corner, he uses his hands to slap away the OTs and get to the QB. Utilizes the spin move. He cuts through and makes plays on the run. The guy has all the tools. He's a converted TE. Only been playing DE/OLB for 3 years now. This guy is Kearse all over again, the draft week knock on him will be he is raw, we heard that before with JPP. I'm telling you, this guy is a future NFL star.

No was else was annoyed by this

4. Jacksonville (0-2): Jarvis Jones OLB/DE Georgia<--I see him like Von Miller and I think that he should be able to make our defense better seeing how I don’t think Millner is worth a pick this high and I don’t see the jags going for a RT this high. i would go DT if Terrance Knighton is Let go but I don’t see gene smith doing that. Smith could be let go though I don’t see gene letting him go but session migh be let go so there could be an opening at the Other OLB spot.

so ur annoyed because of one of the following: the pick, a misspelling or a forgotten period or a transition or a Combination of both. im thinking its a Misspelling and a forgotten transition.

Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka.jpg

Dion Jordan versus Arizona 2011:

Dion Jordan versus Fresno St. 2012 (this year):

Dion Jordan Highlights from all of 2011 (All-Pac 10):

This guy is a freak. Jevon Kearse was the first dubbed that, this guy looks just like him it's unreal. In the Fresno St. game this year he's guarding slot receivers, he's in 4 point stances, 3 point stances, standing up at OLB. On the left, on the right. He pursues, has motor, has that first step, the speed, he can bend on the corner, he uses his hands to slap away the OTs and get to the QB. Utilizes the spin move. He cuts through and makes plays on the run. The guy has all the tools. He's a converted TE. Only been playing DE/OLB for 3 years now. This guy is Kearse all over again, the draft week knock on him will be he is raw, we heard that before with JPP. I'm telling you, this guy is a future NFL star.

i could care less about Dion Jordan. hes much more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 end or hes a 4-3 OLB with No experience there. hes not physical enough at the Point of attack for me to consider him a top guy at De. he might work as a 3-4 OLB but i dont see him fitting a 4-3 defense well at all. you can have all the athletic abilities in the world like Groves but when it comes to play DE you cant play it.

Considering Hartline's recent surge in performance and the signing of Gaffney, it's debatable the Phins take a WR with the first pick. Problem is, we're so early in the season it's impossible to say where we end up picking and what ends up hurting our season.

Considering the amount of yardage being given up through the air, and our giving away Vontae Davis, there is a chance we look for someone to strengthen our secondary. A ballhawk safety would be nice.

Considering Hartline's recent surge in performance and the signing of Gaffney, it's debatable the Phins take a WR with the first pick. Problem is, we're so early in the season it's impossible to say where we end up picking and what ends up hurting our season.

Considering the amount of yardage being given up through the air, and our giving away Vontae Davis, there is a chance we look for someone to strengthen our secondary. A ballhawk safety would be nice.

gaffney sucks bro.

gaffney sucks bro.

Not really. he's coming off the two best seasons of his career. it isn't really his playmaking skill Miami is after so much as his reliability and experience. It gives Hartline a better target than Naanee. I didn't say it wasn't going to happen. Just said it was debatable.

i could care less about Dion Jordan. hes much more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 end or hes a 4-3 OLB with No experience there. hes not physical enough at the Point of attack for me to consider him a top guy at De. he might work as a 3-4 OLB but i dont see him fitting a 4-3 defense well at all. you can have all the athletic abilities in the world like Groves but when it comes to play DE you cant play it.

Same could be said about Jarvis Jones yet you have JAX taking him.

Jones plays strictly as a stand-up outside linebacker in Georgia's 3-4 defense and has very little pass coverage responsibility. He is tasked with moving forward and causing disruption in the backfield seemingly 90% of the time. As such, he is largely untested in coverage, rarely being asked to do more than drop off into the flats or play Robber in the middle of the field.

So why do you care about, and even have the Jags taking Jones when hes strictly a 3-4 rush backer when you said Jordan wouldn't fit because he's nothing but a 3-4 OLB? Which is incorrect by the way:

Dion Jordan has shown that he can be disruptive and make plays in the backfield from a number of different starting points on the field - whether it's lined up head up over the tackle as a "5-technique" defensive end, out wide in a four-point stance with both hands in the grass, standing up as a traditional rushbacker. He covers so much ground so quickly, that he's able to create pressures when starting out lined up over slot receivers.

I'm not sure I can entirely do justice to Jordan's athletic ability in words, and it's not just limited to what he does around the line of scrimmage (which is impressive enough in itself). As previously stated, his "fill-in-the-blanks" abilities gives Oregon's defense a ton of flexibility. He has very fluid hips and is natural in pass drops, showing pass coverage skills far beyond what any 6'6, 243 pound man should reasonably have. He sticks with slot receivers in press-man coverage. I've even seen him aligned as an outside corner to the short side of the field (again, in press).

They're both going to be great players. That scout I quoted said this about projecting the two players going forward:

When I watch Jarvis Jones, his first step, hand strength, motor, effort, and ability to play with leverage, I'm immediately reminded of the Ravens' Terrell Suggs. Jones has some work to do in terms of his pass coverage, but all of the tools are there to be a dominant, well-rounded pass rusher.

On the other hand, I can't say that I've ever seen a player quite like Jordan before. His freakish athleticism and ability to do so many different things at a high level are comparable to a cross between Jevon Kearse and former Swiss-Army Knife linebacker Julian Peterson (formerly of the 49ers and Lions). I don't think either player is particularly limited by scheme, either, although the roles they play in college are as close to ideal as you can get.

As for the Jags, I'm officially praying we get Geno Smith now.

#TeamGeno

If they draft Matt Barkley I might just stop watching football altogether.

Same could be said about Jarvis Jones yet you have JAX taking him.

So why do you care about, and even have the Jags taking Jones when hes strictly a 3-4 rush backer when you said Jordan wouldn't fit because he's nothing but a 3-4 OLB? Which is incorrect by the way:

They're both going to be great players. That scout I quoted said this about projecting the two players going forward:

As for the Jags, I'm officially praying we get Geno Smith now.

#TeamGeno

If they draft Matt Barkley I might just stop watching football altogether.

jarvis Jones might not have all the expereince in the world in coverage but Jones is a Very producitive Pass rusher which is how i would use him. i would use him exactly like how the broncos use Von Miller and Jones unlike Jordan has Multiple pass rush skills unlike Jordan which is Primarily a Speed Rush.

Hell jarvis Jones could be an Excellent DE in a tampa 2 defense in the Mold of a Freeney or mathis Mold. Pretty sure u just Plagerized since u didnt even Post a Link to "your scout" which isnt exactly on the T.O.S but is Clearly used in any Starting post .

as for Qb. #teamblaine

• Downvote 1

Campin, I'd suggest not trying to "debate" with your fellow Jags fan on this one. The man is in love with Blaine Gabbert, and believes he is a future NFL all-pro. I attempted to do so, and his response was to say that I had to take a bet that I'd leave TGP if I was wrong on the Jags giving up on Gabbert after the season, rather than, you know, actually debating.

He has very little football knowledge outside of Jacksonville, (where he claims to be an insider in that organization, by the way), and is simply not worth wasting your time.

I agree with your assessment of Dion Jordan, I think he will be an awesome player at the NFL level.

I mean for gods sake, he just accused you of plagiarism for using a quote from someone and not specifying who it was from.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Campin, I'd suggest not trying to "debate" with your fellow Jags fan on this one. The man is in love with Blaine Gabbert, and believes he is a future NFL all-pro. I attempted to do so, and his response was to say that I had to take a bet that I'd leave TGP if I was wrong on the Jags giving up on Gabbert after the season, rather than, you know, actually debating.

He has very little football knowledge outside of Jacksonville, (where he claims to be an insider in that organization, by the way), and is simply not worth wasting your time.

I agree with your assessment of Dion Jordan, I think he will be an awesome player at the NFL level.

I mean for gods sake, he just accused you of plagiarism for using a quote from someone and not specifying who it was from.

:rofl:

Thanks for the head's up. Yeah I was dying at the plagiarism comment. If I was plagiarizing I wouldn't of put it in quotes, I would of just typed it like it was my assessment. By the way, TD, the source is Eric C. Stoner. Here's the source for the info I quoted him on (forgot to add his name in the quotes because obviously I didn't quote from a poster here so it didn't add it for me:) http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/41560/321/under-pressure

He's the video guy and writes for draftbreakdown, contributes to rotoworld, too. He's a film nut. He also coaches football I think, but for kids, so that doesn't mean much because there's a lot of stupid kids football coaches but he's young (in mid to late 20s) and that's where guys start out a lot of the time. He's been right on a few debatable guys from this recent draft (Bruce Irvin, Tannehill, Jarvis Jenkins to name a few.) He's a straight shooter, and usually good about identifying studs people don't big up. He misses sometimes like all people do but for the most part he's got a great eye and usually makes good calls on guys.

Blaine's been getting coached wrong the entire time he's been in the NFL. I thought Olsen, Brat, and Mularkey would change that given their histories but I was wrong. They're making him scared to go down field and make mistakes. So thus he's checking down way faster than he should, his internal clock is messed up because of a bad offensive line, he's entering David Carr territory. If this doesn't change, he'll be a career backup as well, and might already be. We'll see how he finishes the year but he has miles to go.

Oh, and if the Jags are drafting top 5 this year, then Gene Smith will be fired. Khan's not dumb, he knows good business, and Gene was resigned by Weaver before he sold the Jags to Khan. He's not Khan's guy, Khan has said publicly he's not scared to make decisions, and that will be one he has to make considering Gene's track record. The fans will clamor for his firing, and being Khan is trying to end tarps in JAX, he's likely to listen (but not purely because of fans, but everything considered, production, and fans/outside perception.)

Once the new GM comes, Blaine is no longer the GM's guy, so with a top 5 pick there if Geno is available, best believe the new GM is going to likely get "his guy." Considering the new GM likes Geno that is. At least I hope to god he would, and not Matt Barkley.

#TeamGeno

Go Jags.

This is all coming from a guy who used to tell Anti-Gene Smith guys to chill too. I always exercised patience, and knew GM's fruits of their labor after rebuilds don't always show til around year 3-4. Well, it's year 4 and the Jags look worse than when he started (2009.) They've set two "worst" team records already in just 5 games (least yards gained against Texans, worst home loss ever last week against Bears.) Not good. His 1st round picks have all struggled (except for Monroe, who fell to him and is becoming one of the best LTs in football.) But other than that man... Alualu is not cutting it, Blaine looks woefully bad, but has improved marginally. Too early for Blackmon (also considering he has Gabbert throwing to him, but he's been reported to run lazy routes at times, like all Jags WRs not named Cecil Shorts.) As for other guys, Cox is legit as well (Brandon Marshall even admitted he whipped him in the first half Sunday, Marshall got the better of him in the 2nd however, but that's what happens when 2 good players go toe to toe.) Jennings is solid RB depth, could start on a few teams. But that's about it man. Not good. Oh, my bad, Bryan Anger is legit. But he's a punter. :rofl:

Gene has actually been better at Free Agents than the draft, and that's never a good sign. Poz is decent, Landry and Lowery are legit. Overall though, he's failed. The record doesn't lie this time. Time to admit mistakes, and move on to a better guy.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Yeah the Jags drafting has been horrible. Absolutely horrible. And that is squarely on the shoulders of your GM.

Blaine Gabbert might be an NFL-caliber QB, but we're never going to find out, I think. I personally highly doubt it, he reminded me so much of Clausen in year 1 watching him for the three full games I saw, and then highlights. There comes a point when the QB has simply been "scarred" by playing scared for awhile, and then it would take a really good coach to fix them. I still believe that's what happened to David Carr.

If the Jags are picking top-5 again this year, which is looking increasingly likely, then I'd expect some organizational change, and if that is the case, Gabbert will be done unless he outplays whoever the Jags draft in camp, and probably even then.