Sign in to follow this  
TDJacksonville

TD Jacksonville 2013 Mock Draft

Round 1

1. Cleveland (0-2): Barkevious Mingo DE LSU<--I think the browns wont give up on weeden for another year so they address the Weakspot on defense which is a Pass rushing end.

2. Tennessee (0-2): Sam Montgomery DE LSU<--well this is interesting. First to picks play the same Position from the same School. Would love to give them a Guard or center but this is way to early to go that route. Ill settle for giving them a Pass rusher that their Defense needs.

3. Oakland (0-2): Matt Barkley QB USC<--I don’t think Pryor will be their Next QB so they grab their QB Whos somewhat Local and Maybe gets them some More fans in the stadium and even might be able to make it a good sale to moving to LA.

4. Jacksonville (0-2): Jarvis Jones OLB/DE Georgia<--I see him like Von Miller and I think that he should be able to make our defense better seeing how I don’t think Millner is worth a pick this high and I don’t see the jags going for a RT this high. i would go DT if Terrance Knighton is Let go but I don’t see gene smith doing that. Smith could be let go though I don’t see gene letting him go but session migh be let go so there could be an opening at the Other OLB spot.

5. Miami (1-1): Robert Woods WR USC<--tough choice between the 3 wrs so I stuck with Picking the Most Productive of the 3. Their WR Position is a JOKE.

6. Indianapolis (1-1): Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State<--a key component to a 3-4 Defense is Big Linemen and I think hankins has more potential than Star so ill give them that though imo it is 1a and 1b there.

7. Minnesota (1-1): Justin Hunter WR Tennessee<--percy is there only wr threat and I think Hunter should be able to Help Ponder and Percy out as well as AP.

8. Kansas City (0-2): Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas<--top QB In the toughest Confrence in college and should be able to be their Start over Cassell.

9. St. Louis (1-1): Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M<--they need Oline help and Joeckel should be able to play either tackle Spot depending where they like Saffold playing.

10. Cincinnati (1-1): Eric Reid FS LSU<--their safety position looks a bit awful and could really use a nice talent back there.

11. Buffalo (1-1): Geno Smith QB West Virginia<--Fitzpatrick has went downhill since he got that big deal. Maybe Geno can get him to play better or replace him.

12. New York Jets (1-1): Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M<--their RT spot is awful. Mathews should be able to give Sanchez/Tebow some better protection.

13. New Orleans (0-2): Taylor Lewen OT Michigan<--jermon Bushrod is among the worst Starting Linemen in the league. Lewen should be a Big Improvement over him and allow Brees to be more effective.

14. St. Louis - from Washington (1-1): Keenan Allen WR California<--they stop the fall of him and should be a nice help for Bradford.

15. Carolina (1-1): Star Lotulelei DT Utah<--the DT Position still isn’t fixed so they grab a Nice Big NT to help solve that problem.

16. Tampa Bay (1-1): Tyler Bray QB Tennessee<--Freeman seems like your average qb so they grab Bray who has the talent to be a top QB with proper grooming.

17. Chicago (1-1): Barrett Jones T/G/C Alabama<--the bears Offensive Line needs work. Jones can play any position on the line.

18. Dallas (1-1): Jackson Jeffcoat OLB Texas<--they should look to improve over Spencer so they grab Jeffcoat who should be a better Pass rusher than Spencer

19. Philadelphia (2-0): Dee Milner CB Alabama<--they take the Best Player available and that leads to milner who should improve the CB Position.

20. Seattle (1-1): Bjoern Werner DE FSU<--a top end should help them out a bit more.

21. Arizona* (2-0) Chance Warmack G Alabama<--the Cards oline is Bad. No wonder why everyone thinks the cards qbs are awful.

22. Denver* (1-1): David Amerson CB/FS NC. State<--big CB who has good Ball Skills and could move

to FS if he cant stick with WRs one on one.

23. Detroit* (1-1): Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi State<--they need help at corner and Banks is one of my favorite Corners.

24. San Diego* (2-0): DJ Fluker OT Alabama<--they need a nice RT and they need an Upgrade over

Clary.

25. Pittsburgh* (1-1): Manti Te’o ILB Notre Dame<--they take the best player available who should be able to pair with Timmons to form a stud ILB duo.

26. Atlanta* (2-0): Corey Lemonier DE Auburn<--they need a Pass rusher because Abraham isn’t gonna be playing much longer and ray Edwards isn’t a great pass rusher.

27. New York Giants* (1-1): Terrance Williams WR Baylor<--they tend to take BPA and that seems to me like they could use another wr with No Olinemen worth a Pick here imo.

28. New England* (1-1): John Jenkins DT Georgia<--wilfork is getting close to retirement and Jenkins should give them a Nice Space Eater at 350 pounds.

29. Green Bay* (1-1): Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina<--the Packers have a bad run game and Lattimore should be an upgrade over benson.

30. Baltimore* (1-1): CJ Mosley OLB Alabama<--besides Upshaw and Suggs they don’t have a Nice Backup OLB and Mosley should help them out.

31. San Francisco* (2-0): Xavier Rhodes CB FSU<--Rogers could have just had a contract year play so they could use a nice corner and Rhodes should help them out very well.

32. Houston* (2-0): Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame<--ive heard Texans might be looking to replace Daniels so ill give them what they want even though I would go NG.

Round 2

1. Cleveland (0-2): used for Josh Gordon

2. Tennessee (0-2): Jonathan Cooper G UNC<--I think the Problem for them is More around the Bad

Interior line and cooper should help CJ.

3. Cincinnati - from Oakland (0-2): Alex Okafer DE Texas<--they could use a nice Pass rusher and

okafer is the best one available.

4. Jacksonville (0-2): Dion Sims TE Michigan State<--Big Athletic TE to pair with Marcedes lewis would be a tough matchup for Opposing Defenses with Mularkeys Preference to using multiple TEs.

5. Miami (1-1): Dallas Thomas OT Tennessee<--they need some Oline help and Thomas should be able to be an Improvement from wat they have.

6. Miami - from Indianapolis (1-1): Sylvester Williams DT UNC<--BPA and they need some help on defense.

7. Minnesota (1-1): Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas<--their Secondary is a Mess. Maybe its time to fix it.

8. Kansas City (0-2): Carrington Byndom CB Texas<--they could use a nice young corner to pair with Flowers.

9. St. Louis (1-1): Kawaan Short DT Purdue<--the rams DT Position is still bad and Brockers and Short should be a good Dou at the position.

10. Cincinnati (1-1): Da’rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech<--AJ green Cant do it by himself at WR and Rogers knows how to play well with other top WRs.

11. Buffalo (1-1): William Gholston DE Michigan State<--they take one of the best Players available seeing how Mario hasn’t worked out this far.

12. New York Jets (1-1): TJ McDonald FS USC<--im sure jets fans want some Better sfety play and Mcdonald is one of the best Safeties available.

13. New Orleans (0-2): Lost via Bountygate

14. Washington (1-1): Margus Hunt DE SMU<--this DE is the true Sleeper as His Athleticism is Off the charts good but doesn’t have the Production you expect. He is a bit older but only has played football under 5 years and is a great athlete.

15. Carolina (1-1): Jesse Williams DT Alabama<--2 tackles back to back may seem odd but Williams is the BPA to me.

16. Tampa Bay (1-1): Brennan Williams OT UNC<--their RT is awful and Williams should Provide an Upgrade for them

17. Chicago (1-1): Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech<--the bears should look to get a better QB who isn’t an asshole.

18. Dallas (1-1): EJ manual QB FSU<--Romo cant play forever so maybe they start preparing for life after room.

19. Philadelphia (2-0): Oday Aboush OT Virginia<--Bell is always hurt more often than not and its unknown how peters will play coming off the Achilles injury.

20. Seattle (1-1): Sharriff Floyd DT Florida<--a good Interior Pass rusher should help their Ends Be more effective.

21. Arizona* (2-0): Michael Buchannan OLB Illinois<--they could use a Pass rusher at OLB

22. Denver* (1-1): Khaled Holmes C USC<--Walton is a crappy Blocker and Holmes should be a Good Improvement for them.

23. Detroit* (1-1): Shane Skov ILB Stanford<--BPA and they seem to need some help at LB.

24. San Diego* (2-0): Landry Jones QB Oklahoma<--not a Need yet but Rivers might be declining and isn’t getting any younger.

25. Pittsburgh* (1-1): Chase Thomas OLB Stanford<--they need a Young OLB to replace Harrison soon.

26. Atlanta* (2-0): Cyril Richardson OT Baylor<--they could use a linemen and Richardson is the BPA.

27. New York Giants* (1-1): Larry Warford G Kentucky<--best linemen available to maybe fix the oline.

28. New England* (1-1): Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M<--Porter should add some More Pass rush abilities into the pats defense.

29. Green Bay* (1-1): Nico Johnson LB Alabama<--they could use some help at LB and Johnson seems close to BPA.

30. Baltimore* (1-1): Kevin Reddick ILB UNC<--Ray lewis Cant Play Forever so they grab a Potential Replacement.

31. San Francisco* (2-0): James Gayle DE/OLB Virginia Tech<--a pass rusher opposite of Aldon Smith might be good value here.

32. Houston* (2-0): Robert Lester S Alabama<--while Manning and O’quinn are solid Lester Could be an Improvement over one of them and worse case is good depth in case of injury.

be nice in the comments. if you dont agree with your teams selection Explain who would be better.

There is still 14 games left, but unless Freeman fails spectacularly I don't think we'll take a QB in the first round. CB, OL and TE are our 3 biggest needs. With depth needed at every position.

Wilfork's close to retirement? lol.

hes probably gonna retire in 4 years or so and could even a lil bit earlier than that. hes turning 31 this season and Most Players retire around age 33/34 with some exceptions. you cant complain about getting a 350 pound DT whose close to BPA.

There is still 14 games left, but unless Freeman fails spectacularly I don't think we'll take a QB in the first round. CB, OL and TE are our 3 biggest needs. With depth needed at every position.

i dont think the bucs will spend a 1st after going spending massive money on Wright. ya i thought about oline but i didnt see a Center or RT that fit value and i think Jones is a Much better G than Center or RT. TE isnt really a nice value till late 1st.

If we're picking 16th, I'm not sure we're gonna need to replace Freeman.

Brays also close to BPA there.

32. Houston* (2-0): Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame<--ive heard Texans might be looking to replace Daniels so ill give them what they want even though I would go NG.

Where's your source on this? Daniels just signed a 4-year contract extension last season, so I don't see your logic (or lack thereof) in that statement.

Daniels is staying, and Kubiak is very high on Garrett Graham. Don't see them using a first round pick at that position.

Eagles are taking an offensive tackle with their first. Mayyyybe a safety.

Where's your source on this? Daniels just signed a 4-year contract extension last season, so I don't see your logic (or lack thereof) in that statement.

Daniels is staying, and Kubiak is very high on Garrett Graham. Don't see them using a first round pick at that position.

umm texans fans on ESPN want a TE. Eiferts good value there as well and well u know the texans have a HUGE Boner for TEs. be glad i even put the texans in 32 when i think the 49ers should be there but i was lazy and using walterfootball Draft order.

• Downvote 3

Eagles are taking an offensive tackle with their first. Mayyyybe a safety.

the 2nd round you get a nice LT prospect. i think yall can live with Taking the Best Player on the board in round 1 seeing thats how i see the Eagles Draft as last year but i guess i can give you the CB/FS with good size and Ball Skills if thats wat u prefer over the Better Player.

At this point its becoming almost a cliche of me hating on WRs that most seem to believe are going to go first in the first.

But fuck it. Woods, at least as far as I can see right now, isn't a top 5 talent. And he isn't the best receiver in this year's class. If someone takes him in the top 5 they'll be mad disappointed.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I honestly wouldn't mind using a high pick on a RB next year.. I am tired of the Packers thinking they can take any RB in the 6th, 7th, or UDFA rounds and make them a superstar... It just isn't gonna happen. Those players ARE out there... but we can't scout or develop them, so we might just need to bite the bullet and take one high.

We are really solid just about everywhere. Just depends if the value is there... And with the Packers and RBs in the 1st, it usually isn't.

Not out of the question, though.

Edited by Favre4Ever

At this point its becoming almost a cliche of me hating on WRs that most seem to believe are going to go first in the first.

But fuck it. Woods, at least as far as I can see right now, isn't a top 5 talent. And he isn't the best receiver in this year's class. If someone takes him in the top 5 they'll be mad disappointed.

im certain the Dolphins will pick a WR round 1. i couldnt decide which one to give them so i gave him the one who seems to have great production.

I honestly wouldn't mind using a high pick on a RB next year.. I am tired of the Packers thinking they can take any RB in the 6th, 7th, or UDFA rounds and make them a superstar... It just isn't gonna happen. Those players ARE out there... but we can't scout or develop them, so we might just need to bite the bullet and take one high.

We are really solid just about everywhere. Just depends if the value is there... And with the Packers and RBs in the 1st, it usually isn't.

Not out of the question, though.

i see value there with Lattimore. he could end up going higher but i didnt see any team dieing of Bad RB where he fit in.

Well.... one thing is for certain, we won't take a RB simply because we are "dying" at the position. If he's the best value on the board, you have to keep it in consideration. But if there is a center or wideout there... They might be the better bet.

i dont think the bucs will spend a 1st after going spending massive money on Wright. ya i thought about oline but i didnt see a Center or RT that fit value and i think Jones is a Much better G than Center or RT. TE isnt really a nice value till late 1st.

Brays also close to BPA there.

Eric Wright isn't going to keep us from drafting a CB lol. You also have to remember Talib is a FA and is coming off a pitiful game. It really comes down to where we are picking and who is available, but I don't see it being a QB unless Freeman seriously fails spectacularly.

Well.... one thing is for certain, we won't take a RB simply because we are "dying" at the position. If he's the best value on the board, you have to keep it in consideration. But if there is a center or wideout there... They might be the better bet.

i saw Lattimore as a Better Player but need doesnt hurt when its also of value.

Eric Wright isn't going to keep us from drafting a CB lol. You also have to remember Talib is a FA and is coming off a pitiful game. It really comes down to where we are picking and who is available, but I don't see it being a QB unless Freeman seriously fails spectacularly.

ya well i dont think yall would want to invest so much in CB because i see you guys resigning Talib or signing a replacement guy but i guess i could put Millner there and maybe give the eagles a guy to replace Vick because vick is gonna be done a in a few years with all them hits and injuries.

A WR for Big Blue? Interesting.

I know we've been labeled as BPA team, but some of the picks we've made in recent history suggest a little differently. I think we use a little bit of both, depending on who's there.

I'd be a little shocked to see us take a WR in the first round, in all honesty.

A WR for Big Blue? Interesting.

I know we've been labeled as BPA team, but some of the picks we've made in recent history suggest a little differently. I think we use a little bit of both, depending on who's there.

I'd be a little shocked to see us take a WR in the first round, in all honesty.

well nicks seems to always be nicked up and Cruz seems to have regressed a lil bit this year with the drops. i know DT wouldnt be a great choice with all the picks spent there. not gonna be a RB with Wilson there. i was honestly having a tough choice there. i was possibley thinking Rhodes or Eifert but i saw Williams as a Better Player than Both. who would you love to see in the Big Blue Uniform?

well nicks seems to always be nicked up and Cruz seems to have regressed a lil bit this year with the drops. i know DT wouldnt be a great choice with all the picks spent there. not gonna be a RB with Wilson there. i was honestly having a tough choice there. i was possibley thinking Rhodes or Eifert but i saw Williams as a Better Player than Both. who would you love to see in the Big Blue Uniform?

It's a little early to claim that Cruz has regressed because of his drops this season, IMO. The majority of them happened in week 1. He had 11 receptions for 179 yards and a TD in week 2.

Nicks missed significant time in his rookie year ... not so much in 2010 and 2011. He might of started the other night if it weren't for the short week.

I don't follow college ball all that much, so I don't really know. But like I said before, I'd be totally shocked if our first round pick next year was spent on a WR, for the aforementioned reasons.

Edited by BLUE

I have nothing against taking Manti Te'o in the first..Don't know if we would take an OLB in 2nd,maybe a guard or a tackle..

I have nothing against taking Manti Te'o in the first..Don't know if we would take an OLB in 2nd,maybe a guard or a tackle..

No way we take a tackle high after taking Gilbert and Adams in the 2nd two years straight. Guard is the only spot left to fill on the OL as long as Adams and DeCastro develop(and provided they stay healthy, which they have an extremely hard time doing). Ramon Foster and Willie Colon are decent options at guard opposite DeCastro.

I think we see the secondary and ILB positions taken early this year.

Man if Baltimore does not Go ILB/WR or WR/ILB I am going to be pissed.

I'm hoping the Jags get at least one of the three since we're likely drafting top 5 again:

Dion Jordan OLB/DE, Geno Smith QB, Jarvis Jones OLB/DE

All elite talents, Dion Jordan out of Oregon is an absolute stud. Jevon Kearse type of talent. With the ability to even cover slot WRs like a Julian Peterson used to. Personally, I think Dion Jordan has the potential to be the best defensive player in the NFL once he gets settled in. He's that good.

If the Jags get him I might break everyone's hand I come into contact with that day via the high five. Maybe even kick my heels after swirling around a few lamp posts while I'm at it.