Vin

Falcons @ Redskins

I could be wrong (hard to tell from the tv coverage) but it looked like Garcon was open down the right sideline on that last pick, though with the pressure the Falcons had on Cousins I'm not sure he could have gotten the ball out there anyway

Edited by oochymp

Ugly win. Really wished RGIII could've played the entire game. Hope he heals quick...love that kid.

Anyway, the Redskins defense played much better than I expected today, especially D. Hall on Roddy White for a majority of the day.

Our offensive line looked ALOT better than it did last week giving Ryan time. But Ryan was a little off for a majority of the day.

Sucks for Kirk Cousins, tough spot to be put in...and he's fresh...so staring down WideOuts while we're in zone coverage doesn't help. And it doesn't help when his line couldn't block for him either.

So-So day, but a win's a win.

Ugly win. Really wished RGIII could've played the entire game. Hope he heals quick...love that kid.

Anyway, the Redskins defense played much better than I expected today, especially D. Hall on Roddy White for a majority of the day.

Our offensive line looked ALOT better than it did last week giving Ryan time. But Ryan was a little off for a majority of the day.

Sucks for Kirk Cousins, tough spot to be put in...and he's fresh...so staring down WideOuts while we're in zone coverage doesn't help. And it doesn't help when his line couldn't block for him either.

So-So day, but a win's a win.

As fans I definitely think we need to be worried about our run defense. It's atrocious looking. However I don't think we are as bad off as we have looked the past two weeks on defense at the same time. Last week we were thrown a curve when Newton started running all over us. This week we were expecting to see the same out of RG3 and it just didn't happen quite as much as expected, it always seemed we had someone on a spy and it was hurting our defense on the short passes to the middle of the field.

Matt Ryan was definitely feeling the pressure still from last week. The entire first quarter he looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket. Not exactly sure what he was thinking when he tried throwing the ball to Harry Douglas and ended up hitting the lineman in the face. That was a terrible decision.

As fans I definitely think we need to be worried about our run defense. It's atrocious looking. However I don't think we are as bad off as we have looked the past two weeks on defense at the same time. Last week we were thrown a curve when Newton started running all over us. This week we were expecting to see the same out of RG3 and it just didn't happen quite as much as expected, it always seemed we had someone on a spy and it was hurting our defense on the short passes to the middle of the field.

Matt Ryan was definitely feeling the pressure still from last week. The entire first quarter he looked extremely uncomfortable in the pocket. Not exactly sure what he was thinking when he tried throwing the ball to Harry Douglas and ended up hitting the lineman in the face. That was a terrible decision.

Our run defense is def. our biggest consistent weakness. Out O-line had an atrocious week last week, but has been decent for the most part otherwise.

I think once we get Peters back, he'll make a noticeable difference in how we approach stopping the run.

But yeah..he def. was forcing things. I know he tries to get the ball out quick, which isn't a problem, but he needs to just relax a little honestly ha. I love the fact we're getting Gonzo involved though, that man's still got it.

Tony Gonzalez credited the defensive attention Roddy White and Julio Jones are receiving for his white-hot start to the season.

At age 36, Gonzalez leads the entire league in catches with 39 and already has four touchdowns. "When you have guys like Roddy and Julio outside, you saw anytime that we threw the ball deep, there were two or three guys around them," Gonzalez said after Sunday's win over the Redskins. "That means I'm getting man-to-man coverage underneath." Defenses can't afford to single-cover Jones or White, so Gonzalez projects to keep getting open in the middle of the field.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Robert Griffin III didn't know what the score or quarter was after being concussed in Sunday's loss to the Falcons.

"He feels good right now — a lot better right now," coach Mike Shanahan insisted Sunday. "But that was the situation, why he didn't go back into the game." Griffin is on the record as expecting to play through his "mild" concussion in Week 6, but owners need to play things on the safe side and plan for a contingency.

Source: Washington Post

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is unsure if Kirk Cousins or Rex Grossman will start if Robert Griffin III (concussion) is unavailable for Week 6.

"We'll make the decision that we think gives us the best chance to win," Shanahan said. "We'll sit back and make those decisions at a later time." Cousins threw for a 77-yard score and two picks in relief of RGIII on Sunday, while Grossman has yet to be active this season. However, it's quite possible Shanahan will decide he wants to go with the veteran against Minnesota. RGIII owners are advised to look elsewhere for a fill-in if he can't go.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan expressed disappointment in K Billy Cundiff following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Falcons.

Cundiff missed a 31-yard field goal in the second quarter. "I'm disappointed, especially when it's a chip shot in there," Shanahan said. Cundiff is now 6-of-11 on the season and will likely be replaced this week.

Edited by Vin