Vin

Cowboys @ Panthers

Thank you refs!!!

The horse collar penalty was reasonable. I can't fault them for not seeing his hand wasn't actually in the collar of the shoulder pads because of the way he pulled him backward. Everybody watching the play thought it was a horsecollar until it was slowed down and shown from 50 different angles. The PI that wasn't called was the same. I may or may not have called it, but at least it was consistent throughout the game and not one way for one team and different for the other team. The refs definitely f'ed you guys from behind though, and didn't even spit on it.

Dallas played like shit, even though the play calling wasn't bad and the coaching was decent. I was happy to see once again they didn't panic and abandon the running game. Carolina was the opposite. It looked like the players were playing their hearts out but their play calling sucked. I was left scratching my head a few times thinking "they could have had us there."

It looked like Dallas wanted to lose, but Carolina simply wouldn't take it from them.

• Upvote 1

Thank you refs!!!

The horse collar penalty was reasonable. I can't fault them for not seeing his hand wasn't actually in the collar of the shoulder pads because of the way he pulled him backward. Everybody watching the play thought it was a horsecollar until it was slowed down and shown from 50 different angles. The PI that wasn't called was the same. I may or may not have called it, but at least it was consistent throughout the game and not one way for one team and different for the other team. The refs definitely f'ed you guys from behind though, and didn't even spit on it.

Dallas played like shit, even though the play calling wasn't bad and the coaching was decent. I was happy to see once again they didn't panic and abandon the running game. Carolina was the opposite. It looked like the players were playing their hearts out but their play calling sucked. I was left scratching my head a few times thinking "they could have had us there."

It looked like Dallas wanted to lose, but Carolina simply wouldn't take it from them.

I didn't think it was a horsecollar. I thought it might be, but I didn't think from the angle of Anderson's hand that he could have gotten a horsecollar and still tackled him. (By the way, watch the NFL fine him for that one.)

Regardless, a ref shouldn't throw a flag because he assumes that it had to be a penalty when he didn't actually see what happened.

But I agree with the rest, the play-calling is absolutely atrocious.

The refs may have been allowing both sides to hold the defensive line all game long, but that is just dumb, and shouldn't happen, even if it was being allowed for both teams. You've got to let the defense play too.

My biggest gripe with the way the game was called by the refs was the pace.

Reviews took FOREVER when a blind man could have seen they were correctly called on the field of play without having to go to the replay booth. Lord.

My biggest gripe with the way the game was called by the refs was the pace.

Reviews took FOREVER when a blind man could have seen they were correctly called on the field of play without having to go to the replay booth. Lord.

Yeah that was retarded.

The INT by Claiborne, yeah the ball touched the ground, but he clearly controlled it all the way, and the TD by LaFell didn't need to be reviewed either. And both took five minutes.