Vin

Falcons @ Saints

I can throw some stats too - to be a wise ass on the post before me :grinno:

Matt Ryan has been hit 49 times this season but only sacked 19 times. If you believe in the QB Pressure stat that many are starting to bring up and you go back and add all the games together so far this season, he's been pressured a whopping 86 times. Figure that one out.

So of 351 passing attempts, he's been pressured to throw 86 times. Yet, he's only got 7 interceptions to show for it this year. The guy has stepped his game up. That's all I was saying. I wasn't saying he was better than anyone else. I'm sure Rodgers has been under even more distress, and Jay Cutler - I won't even talk about him we know he's running for his life.

You said "the ability to keep up with those guys but none of them have as bad as a line as ryan does" he has a better line and still does not have the ability to keep with them. Drew Brees had been pressured and sacked as much as Ryan has, and their stats don't compare Brees blows him out of the water. And yes you are a homer when you first joined TGP you said William Moore and Thomas Decou were the best safety duo in the game LOL.

This isn't about Matt Ryan. This is about the Falcons as a whole, and if Dirk Koetter is your OC now...good luck. Ouch.

You said "the ability to keep up with those guys but none of them have as bad as a line as ryan does" he has a better line and still does not have the ability to keep with them. Drew Brees had been pressured and sacked as much as Ryan has, and their stats don't compare Brees blows him out of the water. And yes you are a homer when you first joined TGP you said William Moore and Thomas Decou were the best safety duo in the game LOL.

I did? Really? When I first joined TGP huh? That's funny because up until today I hated DeCoud, he couldn't read plays or make plays on the ball. I'd really like to know where you got that one. You're obviously confusing me for someone else.

Hell, back in June there was a post about who on your team wouldn't start on an average team or something like that and Decoud was on that list for me. Now you're just making things up? You are so desperate to try and make me seem the ultimate homer.

Edited by Chris D

Keep denying it all you want.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

This isn't about Matt Ryan. This is about the Falcons as a whole, and if Dirk Koetter is your OC now...good luck. Ouch.

I don't know man, I'm not sure why you wouldn't think he's not a huge step up from Mike Mularkey. I honestly will put myself out there and state that I think Koetter is a huge reason why the Falcons offense has gotten so much better as a whole. Obviously I think Matt Ryan has played a role, but Koetters play calling is worlds ahead of Mularkeys. Mularkey insisted on running up the middle on first and second down, then always trying a play action that took away half the field and had Ryan running to the side line trying to throw.

I don't think anyone can disagree that Mike Nolan has made this defense what it is this season. He's what has made them competitive.

Edited by Chris D