5 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bucs MVP this year?

• Josh Freeman
    • Doug Martin
    • Vincent Jackson
    • Gerald McCoy
    • Lavonte David
    • Other

I was thinking about this today and wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I think you could make a case for a lot of players, I was even considering adding Mason Foster and Michael Bennett to the poll.

If I had to pick one, I would probably go with Vincent Jackson. We have lacked a true #1 WR for such a long time, and this guy has been an absolute stud ever since he has came here. He has finally given us a down field threat and has allowed us to spread out this offense to let guys like MW, Underwood and Dallas Clark make some big plays. He has been absolutely huge in Free's progressions this year. Not to mention, I think he has given MW a lot of pointers and has gotten him back on track.

It's close between a few guys. You made a good case for V-Jax but I wen't with the unsong hero, Gerald McCoy. I think he makes a world of difference on D. It all starts with him. He is the reason our pass rushers have been as good as they have, the reason our linebackers are getting the penetration they are. If our secondary and LBs weren't so terrible in coverage, we'd have a top 5 defense and he's be getting more of a spotlight. Nevertheless, I give him a lot of credit for what our team has done this year.

Close second is Free after this last game.

I voted other and typically I'd go with a player here. But I'm going to take Greg Schiano and Mike Sullivan combo. Schiano has got this team playing again and they bought into him. Sullivan because that dude has brought Freeman back to 2010 form, he has done a great job and I hope we don't lose him to a team wanting a HC.

I voted other and typically I'd go with a player here. But I'm going to take Greg Schiano and Mike Sullivan combo. Schiano has got this team playing again and they bought into him. Sullivan because that dude has brought Freeman back to 2010 form, he has done a great job and I hope we don't lose him to a team wanting a HC.

Save it for the Coach of the Year thread. :p

If we're throwing in coaches, you've got to consider Bob Bostad too.

I only didn't include them because MVP= Most Valuable Player. But yea, no doubt, they all have had HUGE impacts on this team. Bostad has done wonders with the o-line despite all the injuries, Sully has worked to Freeman's strengths and has been calling great games for the most part, and Schiano has completely changed the culture and attitude of this team.

Edited by MuscleHamster22

Last years team would have quit being down to Carolina with less than 3 minutes to go. You would have seen missed tackles, no hustle, poor execution, etc. Schiano's influence was really evident in that 4th quarter and OT win this past Sunday.

Save it for the Coach of the Year thread. :p

I would but then Sully would get no love, dunno why that dude hasn't been mentioned as a HC candidate yet considering the mess he came into.

Last years team would have quit being down to Carolina with less than 3 minutes to go. You would have seen missed tackles, no hustle, poor execution, etc. Schiano's influence was really evident in that 4th quarter and OT win this past Sunday.

Last years team would have been down 21-0 in the 1st quarter with Jonathan Stewart having over 100 rushing yards.

The impact Schiano has had on this team is truly amazing.