Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

little bit of twitter banter

The Miami Marlins are in the market for a variety of players after they decided to wash their hands of almost everything they did last offseason and start fresh. You could argue that they are in need of a full-time center fielder, just don't expect Justin Ruggiano to agree with you.

On Thursday morning, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweeted that Miami is in the market for a center fielder and got a direct response from Ruggiano, who played that position for the Marlins for a good portion of the 2012 season.

I couldn't figure out how to embed the tweet (or didn't feel like figuring it out) but it's on the source article HERE

Edited by oochymp

Lmao... Funny how Rosenthal didn't mention anything about them needing a CF after he responded. Grow a backbone, bro.

Lmao... Funny how Rosenthal didn't mention anything about them needing a CF after he responded. Grow a backbone, bro.

I think he was probably just shocked the player actually responded, I think writers are still getting used to players being able to respond so easily, but I agree, it would have been more amusing if Rosenthal had countered, even if it was just something like 'agree to disagree'

Looks like he did respond later. There are four tweets on there from what I see.

yeah he responded, but his response didn't insist that the Marlins could do better, which I think is what F4E was saying he wishes the guy did, admitedly there's a fine line between an amusing back and forth and just coming across as an asshole, but it would have made the exchange more amusing

• Upvote 1

Ya, I mean respond as in... "Ya, I meant they need somebody better than YOU" lol.