Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers @ Vikings

An argument about the refs on TGP? Didn't see this one coming.

I thought the refs were fine. Saw a few missed calls go both teams' way and I don't feel that they altered the game in any way. Although, on the point about McCarthy's challenge, I'll say I'm glad they reviewed it. I don't think that the unsportsmanlike penalty should cancel out reviews and I'm glad it didn't, even if it should have. Hopefully that rule is changed this offseason. Just give em a 15 yard penalty and review the play. That's the entire point of the review process; get the call right. Why take it away?

As for the game itself, I wasn't pleased with how we were tackling not just on Peterson but basically every Viking player was running around our defense. Took our offense too long to get started and it was all thanks to a few big plays by that Jeremy Ross guy and Jennings on O. After that it was kind of a shootout and when I saw that the Vikings were gonna get the ball last with 2:35 to play, I knew we'd lose on a FG. Our defense looked lost out there from the beginning and our offense relied too heavily on the big passing play (surprise, surprise).

It wasn't a terrible loss but you hate to go into the playoffs only 6 days following a loss of any kind. Let's just get ready to go for Saturday night.

And I'm glad we at least kept Peterson from the record. :biggrin:

Although, on the point about McCarthy's challenge, I'll say I'm glad they reviewed it. I don't think that the unsportsmanlike penalty should cancel out reviews and I'm glad it didn't, even if it should have. Hopefully that rule is changed this offseason. Just give em a 15 yard penalty and review the play. That's the entire point of the review process; get the call right. Why take it away?

That rule is the dumbest thing that has ever been in the NFL rulebook, lol.

I don't even think there should be a 15-yard penalty unless the ref thinks the coach is trying to do it to delay the game- which is the reason the rule is there in the first place.

• Downvote 1

An argument about the refs on TGP? Didn't see this one coming.

I thought the refs were fine. Saw a few missed calls go both teams' way and I don't feel that they altered the game in any way. Although, on the point about McCarthy's challenge, I'll say I'm glad they reviewed it. I don't think that the unsportsmanlike penalty should cancel out reviews and I'm glad it didn't, even if it should have. Hopefully that rule is changed this offseason. Just give em a 15 yard penalty and review the play. That's the entire point of the review process; get the call right. Why take it away?

As for the game itself, I wasn't pleased with how we were tackling not just on Peterson but basically every Viking player was running around our defense. Took our offense too long to get started and it was all thanks to a few big plays by that Jeremy Ross guy and Jennings on O. After that it was kind of a shootout and when I saw that the Vikings were gonna get the ball last with 2:35 to play, I knew we'd lose on a FG. Our defense looked lost out there from the beginning and our offense relied too heavily on the big passing play (surprise, surprise).

It wasn't a terrible loss but you hate to go into the playoffs only 6 days following a loss of any kind. Let's just get ready to go for Saturday night.

And I'm glad we at least kept Peterson from the record. :biggrin:

It definitely took any momentum that we had over the course of the last 9 weeks or so. As I said in the shoutbox. How we come out and play Saturday is going to say a lot about Mike and the locker room. We can't let this one loss get us into a funk. Not now.

It will be interesting to see how this team responds. Hopefully we aren't disappointed in the end.