Sarge

2013 MLB Opening Day Countdown

Had a dream where it was opening day 1st game was Royals-Indians. Me and my dreams..

Probably because I was watching Almost Heroes last night :laugh:

You just described #1 on my opening day wish-list

Dear Santa...

To sum up my offseason thoughts on the Phillies...

The Braves got B.J. and Justin Upton.

The Phillies got Ben Revere and Delmon Young.

Championship=ours.

For what it's worth I'd rather have Ben Revere for the next 5 years than BJ Upton

^ You're crazy.

For what it's worth I'd rather have Ben Revere for the next 5 years than BJ Upton

I'm assuming you mean because of Upton's contract?

Revere's four years younger than BJ, is a better defender than BJ, is faster than BJ, and strikes out a hell of a lot less than BJ does. Not to mention he's going to be making significantly less than BJ will over the life of his deal.

Unless BJ returns to the player he was in like 2007 when he hit .300, I'll take Revere for the next 5 years.

Revere's four years younger than BJ, is a better defender than BJ, is faster than BJ, and strikes out a hell of a lot less than BJ does. Not to mention he's going to be making significantly less than BJ will over the life of his deal.

Unless BJ returns to the player he was in like 2007 when he hit .300, I'll take Revere for the next 5 years.

We'll see about that. Revere played corner OF in Minny. CF is all his in Philly. He'll still be a good defender, but he is definitely going to lose defensive value... and that's one of the only things he has to begin with. He has hit ZERO home runs in his major league career, and he doesn't even hit extra base hits that often. Also, Upton does strike out a lot more, but he also draws more walks than Revere, and their OBP were roughly the same last season. I'm taking Upton today and 5 years from now.

In terms of finances, Revere is definitely the better option in terms of value (B.J. Upton earned a $17 salary based on one good year in 2008), but Sarge highlighted some areas where Upton is better, and he has always seemed like a player who could explode if given a change of scenery.

Because dogshit Mike Minor is pitching.

felix_hernandez.jpg Edited by Sarge