Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Jets set to dump some contracts

The Jets are expected to release OLB Calvin Pace, ILB Bart Scott, OT Jason Smith, and S Eric Smith as soon as the waiver period opens in February.

Pace has been one of the least productive pass rushers in the league over the past three seasons. The moves will save $8.56 million on Pace, $7.15 million on Scott, $12 million on Jason Smith, and $3 million on Eric Smith while accounting for just $4.5 million in dead money. The Jets will have still little cap space with just 10 starters under contract.

Source: ESPN New York

Jets owner should blow up the team and start from a clean slate! Fire all top front office people, as well as coaching staff! They are currently the worst run organization in the NFL, and Jets fans deserve much better! :yep:

Jets owner should blow up the team and start from a clean slate! Fire all top front office people, as well as coaching staff! They are currently the worst run organization in the NFL, and Jets fans deserve much better! :yep:

The owner is the cause of the problems. He doesn't care about winning, he cares about headlines.

The owner is the cause of the problems. He doesn't care about winning, he cares about headlines.

Your 100% correct! I should have said that the Jets should do what I said if they had a good owner who actually cared about winning, instead of headlines! :yep:

The Jets have some pieces. There's no need to blow up the roster. They need a different quarterback, and that's all there is to it.

The Jets have some pieces. There's no need to blow up the roster. They need a different quarterback, and that's all there is to it.

You may think otherwise, but the Jets are a far cry away from that 2010 team.

Their special teams is meh, their running game is mediocre, and their rushing D is garbage. Sorry, but they're not just a good QB away from another AFC Championship game (speaking of that, didn't you predict the Jets to make it to the AFCCG this year? LULZ).

You may think otherwise, but the Jets are a far cry away from that 2010 team.

Their special teams is meh, their running game is mediocre, and their rushing D is garbage. Sorry, but they're not just a good QB away from another AFC Championship game (speaking of that, didn't you predict the Jets to make it to the AFCCG this year? LULZ).

I'm somewhere in between here. Completely blow up the team? I don't want to do that because we do have SOME pieces. But we definitely aren't a quarterback away from the AFC Championship Game (unless it's a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers type).

Phil hit it on the head. This is nothing like the 2010 team. There are A LOT more needs than quarterback...

I'm somewhere in between here. Completely blow up the team? I don't want to do that because we do have SOME pieces. But we definitely aren't a quarterback away from the AFC Championship Game (unless it's a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers type).

Phil hit it on the head. This is nothing like the 2010 team. There are A LOT more needs than quarterback...

Agreed. I think our RB tandem of Greene & Powell is better than most think. It's just hard to run the ball consistantly well when no defense in the league has any respect for your passing game. The DL of Pohua, Wilkerson, Coples will be better next year but our LBs are pretty slow and defly need to be overhauled.

Agreed. I think our RB tandem of Greene & Powell is better than most think. It's just hard to run the ball consistantly well when no defense in the league has any respect for your passing game. The DL of Pohua, Wilkerson, Coples will be better next year but our LBs are pretty slow and defly need to be overhauled.

Greene is definitely not better than most people think. Greene is terrible. He's supposed to be a power back but he doesn't run anyone over, he doesn't bounce off tacklers, he doesn't fight hard for extra yardage, I don't think he's ever made a defender miss in his life. Doesn't provide anything in terms of pass-catching out of the backfield.

Greene is definitely not better than most people think. Greene is terrible. He's supposed to be a power back but he doesn't run anyone over, he doesn't bounce off tacklers, he doesn't fight hard for extra yardage, I don't think he's ever made a defender miss in his life. Doesn't provide anything in terms of pass-catching out of the backfield.

Heard a stat that the Jets are 15-2 when Greene gets more than 25 carries. I'm not claiming that he's a pro bowler, just that the tandem of him & Powell are better than people think, The main problem being that we have to abandon the run too early because we're playing from behind.

I definitely wouldn't blow up the whole team. The Jets have some more holes to fix other than QB (LB and WR), but they definitely aren't too far away from competing again. Not many people have talked about it, but Antonio Cromartie had an excellent year once Revis went down. If he plays like that again next year, they easily have the best CB duo in the NFL.

Greene isn't great but he does still plow over guys from time to time. I think the two back formation of Greene/Powell splitting reps can work if we had some semblance of a passing attack.

You want to solve a major issue? Get rid of the owner. He's managed to turn the Jets into more of a laughingstock than the Bills.