Sign in to follow this  
CribbsForTheWin

Got an Interview

With the group that owns the Washington Wizards(NBA), Capitals(NHL) and Mystics(WNBA) to be a graphic and web designer intern over the winter. Pretty exciting stuff, even though I know it will take a lot to get the job, and it's only the first one of ?I'm unsure? interviews... Just wanted to share my excitement with you guys. It's a phone interview as I am in Ohio and they are in Washington too. I'm just happy that they thought my resume and portfolio was good enough to give me a chance to talk to.

Anyone got any words of advice?

Edited by CribbsForTheWin

Be honest with them, without blowing smoke up their asses. Maybe come into the interview with a couple of website mock-ups? Make sure you do something that makes them remember you above all other applicants.

Never let them see you sweat. Much like most situations in life, confidence is big. People can sense nervous energy, so try to stay calm and collected. Also, if you think that you might know some of the questions that they'll be asking you, come up with some answers before you take the interview and go over them until you have them down. That will increase your chances of stumbling over you words and not derailing the interview. Good luck man. Sounds like a pretty big opportunity.

Wow, that's sweet! The hardest part (for some people) is next! Gotta sell yourself and make yourself stand out. Like John said, confidence is everything. Your chances are only as good as you think they are.

Congrats and good luck!

Congrats!!! :beerchug:

In your interview, talk to them like you have known them for years, while still acting like it is a professional interview, as they are currently your superior. You don't want to be timid, but you also don't want to be overpowering. A perfect mix of nobleness and humbleness will do the trick.

Congrats man.

I actually have a phone interview with the Camden Riversharks (baseball team) on Thursday so I am in a similar spot as you.

This is what I am doing to prepare for my interview:

- Like Bowe said, think of what questions they could ask you and prepare answers for them. If you know what they are going to be asking you and you have had time to think about it, this will make the interview go alot smoother and that will reflect well on you that you are giving good and quick answers.

- Research the company. Learn about their history and what exactly they do. You can look at what they are currently doing on their website and maybe think of something that could make it look better.

- Be confident. Got to be confident going into an interview. You don't want to be nervous and choke up in the middle of talking. Just stay cool, calm and collected and you should be fine.

Good luck man!