Maverick

Champions League Thread

Seriously though, in the moment I just celebrated so I didn't see the replay. But holy shit what a free kick. That thing was curving but then out of nowhere swerved the other way just as the goalie had it's original trajectory lined up. Wow.

Bayern have been on a warpath this season it's continuing against Arsenal...

Simple first half analysis: Bayern have been good and Arsenal haven't.

Bayern publicly saying they're gonna use half their $100 mill in transfer budget to go after Gareth Bale :( DON'T DO IT BALE GAWD.

Eh, better than him going off to Real or Barca.

house, please tell me you saw the Liverpool game...

Eh, better than him going off to Real or Barca.

house, please tell me you saw the Liverpool game...

Yeah I saw it and I can't believe we didn't pass to the next round. We were obviously the better team on the field. If we hadn't conceded that early goal,we would have certainly crushed them and sent them sad back to St Petersburg.

Suarez's free kicks made my evening,though :yep:

Yeah I saw it and I can't believe we didn't pass to the next round. We were obviously the better team on the field. If we hadn't conceded that early goal,we would have certainly crushed them and sent them sad back to St Petersburg.

Suarez's free kicks made my evening,though :yep:

:yep:

Check the sig :D

Hell of an effort. Shame to see them get knocked out. Ah well, let's focus on the league now and hope through some miracle we get 4th haha

• Upvote 1

:yep:

Check the sig :D

Hell of an effort. Shame to see them get knocked out. Ah well, let's focus on the league now and hope through some miracle we get 4th haha

I can't get enough of it :D It's a masterpiece :yep:

I think the players are going to make a lot more effort now that we're out of Europa league. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger,at least I hope so.

Bale will stay at Spurs if they get top 4... Then they'll spend money on getting Leandro Damiao and then become serious contenders for the league.... it's all they're lacking is that goalscoring striker!

Yeah, that goal by Bale was sick. He's been class all season.

RVP, Suarez, Bale...hmm. PFA Player of the Year trio?

Yeah, that goal by Bale was sick. He's been class all season.

RVP, Suarez, Bale...hmm. PFA Player of the Year trio?

Suarez definitely deserves the props, but I don't think they'll give him the notoriety he deserves due to Liverpool's standing. Bale has all the hype at the moment but the worst stats of the three, RVP has the best numbers and on the best squad, so in the end it's probably going to him. Though you got to look at Bale probably having the least talent around him to set him up, Suarez with a little more but RVP has the most help obviously. But yeah, a three way tie might be most deserving honestly.

Bale will stay at Spurs if they get top 4... Then they'll spend money on getting Leandro Damiao and then become serious contenders for the league.... it's all they're lacking is that goalscoring striker!

Hope so dude, that's exactly what I want to happen. My club deserves it.

North London Derby coming up, Spurs and the Gunners. Could be a knock out blow to Arsenal or they can be right back in it if the beat Tottenham. Gunners blasted Spurs 5-2 at Emirates in Nov. However Spurs were up 1-0 and go relegated to 10 men and only then did Arsenal take the game. Can't wait.

Suarez definitely deserves the props, but I don't think they'll give him the notoriety he deserves due to Liverpool's standing. Bale has all the hype at the moment but the worst stats of the three, RVP has the best numbers and on the best squad, so in the end it's probably going to him. Though you got to look at Bale probably having the least talent around him to set him up, Suarez with a little more but RVP has the most help obviously. But yeah, a three way tie might be most deserving honestly.

Hope so dude, that's exactly what I want to happen. My club deserves it.

North London Derby coming up, Spurs and the Gunners. Could be a knock out blow to Arsenal or they can be right back in it if the beat Tottenham. Gunners blasted Spurs 5-2 at Emirates in Nov. However Spurs were up 1-0 and go relegated to 10 men and only then did Arsenal take the game. Can't wait.

I hope you smash Arsenal aswell... I've got mad love for Spurs depsite being a Bolton fan (it's mostly down to AVB) and I want you lot to get 2nd and push on as one of the top teams now...

On the note of AVB about a year ago he was fired from Chelsea and a year later he's just won manager of the month for the 2nd time and has a Spurs team closing in on Chelsea... AND the players he tried to get rid of (Lampard, Terry and Drogba) have either gone or going or not in the team!!!

I hope you smash Arsenal aswell... I've got mad love for Spurs depsite being a Bolton fan (it's mostly down to AVB) and I want you lot to get 2nd and push on as one of the top teams now...

On the note of AVB about a year ago he was fired from Chelsea and a year later he's just won manager of the month for the 2nd time and has a Spurs team closing in on Chelsea... AND the players he tried to get rid of (Lampard, Terry and Drogba) have either gone or going or not in the team!!!

Yeah Chelsea fucked up :rofl:

I got Real and PSG both winning 2-1 tonight.

I'm not sure why I thought PSG played tonight lol. Nevermind,I would have called a Dortmund rape fest on Signal Iduna :yep:

That RM/United game was nuts. I thought the ref giving out that red card was pretty ridiculous. I don't know if RM moves on if that doesn't happen. They looked like they were having a ton of trouble breaking through United's D.

I got Real and PSG both winning 2-1 tonight.

Boom.

Tonight's games:

Juve-Celtic 0-0

PSG-Valencia 2-1

Good call on those, house.

Arsenal - Bayern game was interesting. Figured Bayern would skullfuck Arsenal but they came prepared to fight. I was laughing my ass off when Neuer jumped on that ball after the second goal.

Ah well, Bayern were the better team and I'd bet on them to win the whole thing.

tumblr_mkhh9vyakL1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Ridiculous how easy he made that look lol. One slight touch, then instantly flicks it with velocity into the back of the net. Jesus.

BALE GAWD

tumblr_ls03l5I9v11qip43j.gif

lolChelsea.

^Yeah man that was insane. That quick touch was amazing. Suarez>Bale, though. TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Bayern vs Juve today. Both Italian and German in me so I'm at a divide. I'd be happy with either advancing though I feel Bayern has the best chance to take down Real or Barca so I'd prefer them. My prediction on the match today is 0-0. Juve is definitely going to play it safe - and unfortunately for fans who like offense they're one of the best teams to execute that strategy.

A week ago I would have said this is a 0-0 game but after that 9-2 win over Hamburg I see that Bayern is really in the scoring mode. Juve will have a hard time stopping their offense. My prediction is a 2-2 game.

I'm calling this now. PSG beats Barcelona today and eventually proceeds to semifinals.