CampinWithaMissingPerson

Geno Smith impresses in Pro Day workout

Dmac, read his post, bro.

He's talking about the 13th pick they would get from Tampa if the Bucs traded it to get Revis.

Here comes that pre-draft hype. QBs in this draft are so weak. Shit, they could always turn out to be HoFers, but damn. Before draft talk started happening, not many thought these QBs were worthy of a 1st round pick let alone top 10.

:clap:

Thank you. I was getting ready to say this if you didn't. Everyone, on this site was all, "LOLGENOSMITH! Any team that wastes a first round pick on him is trash!" Now "there's no way he makes it past 6?" People had to know that there was no way a draft was happening without a QB being taken in the top 10. Geno was NEVER making it out of the top 10.

Same thing happened with Cam Newton. People TRASHED me for saying that Cam was gonna be a first rounder the night Auburn won the NC. One month later, many of the same people were telling me how he was the obvious #1 overall pick.

For the record, I really like Geno. I think he should go top 10. I just don't think he should necessarily go #1. I wouldn't cry if he did though... He's been super accurate for years, and he made waves on that garbage team who really had little else outside of the passing game. Wherever he goes, I hope he does well—that is as long as it's not the Raiders.

Dmac, read his post, bro.

He's talking about the 13th pick they would get from Tampa if the Bucs traded it to get Revis.

Yea, don't mind me... I'll just see myself out the door now. lol.

^Twelve game Geno Smith cut-up playlist. For ultra draft nerds like myself :smug:

Vin, I'd suggest devoting an extra amount of time to getting to know your future starting QB of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

:troll:

That LSU defense he played in 2011 was scary. :megusta: Damn near NFL caliber there. Also, WVU defense is so trash :rofl: Every time you look at the score the other team puts up 7 more points. Poor Geno lol.

Pro Football Weekly's scouting report on West Virginia QB Geno Smith rips the former Mountaineers star's work ethic and demeanor, and calls him a product of coach Dana Holgorsen's offensive system.

PFW's Nolan Nawrocki is the same draftnik who shredded Cam Newton for a "fake smile" before the 2011 draft. Among many other criticisms -- accessible at the link below -- Nawrocki accuses Smith of being "Not a student of the game" and a quarterback who "does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire." Per Nawrocki, Smith is "not committed or focused" with a "marginal work ethic." The home-run sentence is this: "A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room."

Source: Pro Football Weekly

According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, NFL clubs are comparing West Virginia QB Geno Smith's physical skill set to Ryan Tannehill.

Tannehill was the No. 8 pick in last year's draft, and Breer confirms Smith could "wind up going even higher." Like Tannehill, Smith is an athletic mover with above-average arm strength and a pretty-looking deep ball with his feet set. We'd argue Smith is not quite as strong in the pocket as Tannehill was at Texas A&M.

Source: NFL.com

Sounds to me like Geno Smith slept with someone's wife...

Right? :rofl: Even Todd McShay was reportedly on Mike & Mike this morning saying he has no idea where the work ethic part, or the student of the game stuff is coming from. Literately every person he's talked to goes over the edge praising the kid's work ethic, even going as far as calling him a "football nerd", for the time he spends in the film room, trying to always improve his game.

Shit, here's a quote:

”Geno, football is all he cared about. He’d take the O-line out to eat and then come back to the office and we’d watch stuff on the iPad. He was always trying to improve. I’ve never seen anybody study harder with the tape than he does."

Did you guys see his report on Matt Barkley? :rofl: He did them both in the same article, Barkley first. He fawns over how his dad was an esteemed water polo player, his excellent upbringing etc. It was hilarious. This guy is obviously trolling, and trolling very well. I mean, it's PFW... c'mon.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock said he would definitely not take West Virginia QB Geno Smith in the top-ten picks.

Instead, Mayock says he'd "pound the table" for Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki, who penned a scathing scouting report on Smith. "It's absolutely the football side," Mayock said. "Talk about the football issues: First of all, ball security, ties into the pocket awareness. Whatever that number is, 30, 32 fumbles in his career, he has no awareness of the rush surrounding him. ... Deep ball accuracy: I put a reel together of six to eight throws that should have been touchdowns, wide open vertical guys that he overthrew or underthrew. He stares down receivers and he throws the football late, so there's a lack of anticipation and timing."

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

What's wild, is this draft reminds me A LOT of the 2008 draft. Just like then, people see a tackle as the first overall pick (2008 was Long to the Dolphins), and the top QB (Matt Ryan) was a question mark. He was the consensus top QB, but lots of people thought he lacked certain qualities and wasn't going to be a franchise QB. It was also top heavy with DL, and OL. I think this draft is actually stronger up top, but position wise, it's very similar in a scary way lol.

I hope so...we got Flacco and Rice in that draft. I could live with that assessment and results again.