swordfish984

Browns Select Barkevious Mingo

Dee Milliner... Geno Smith... Names that were floating around heavily as the Browns reached closer and closer to being on the clock. Instead, the Browns front office fooled us all and picked Barkevious Mingo out of LSU.

After sleeping on it, the pick is really starting to grow on me. Yes, the Browns are in desperate need of a corner. But some go by the philosophy of drafting the best on the board and not necessarily the need.

The Browns go into Day 2 of the draft with only a 3rd round pick. I doubt they will move back into the 2nd round - at least not without give up something substantial to do so.

Nonetheless, I'm impressed with the Mingo pick and I look for the Browns front secen to be solid going into the 2013 season.

I think we can still move into the 2nd to grab a CB or it's likely a guy will be there in the 3rd. I like the Mingo pick for sure, but with our front 7 being a strength, it wasn't expected. They may try and trade Sheard for picks.

I think we can still move into the 2nd to grab a CB or it's likely a guy will be there in the 3rd. I like the Mingo pick for sure, but with our front 7 being a strength, it wasn't expected. They may try and trade Sheard for picks.

Agreed on Sheard. I think he will for sure be shopped around. I think teams will be asking for a lot if the Browns do try to move up into the 2nd round, and I honestly don't know that they have anything to offer without going into offering picks from next year. I don't know that it's worth all that.

A lot of fans would like to see the Browns go after the Honey Badger - sort of keep the LSU string going? We'll see... But I'm surely not holding my breath in them moving up into the second round.

Yeah I dont think we have enough fire power to get back in to the top-half second round. We could probably use our third rounder plus a 4th to move up into the late late part of round 2.

A lot of fans would like to see the Browns go after the Honey Badger - sort of keep the LSU string going? We'll see... But I'm surely not holding my breath in them moving up into the second round.

I don't remember if I ever asked you about being in Ohio and being a Vikings fan. How'd that come about?

I don't remember if I ever asked you about being in Ohio and being a Vikings fan. How'd that come about?

My Dad was a fan of the franchise when it started in '61 or '62? He's also a huge Buckeye fan, and there was time in which a lot of Buckeye players were drafted and played for the Vikings. So that's how that came about!

The Browns have thus far been "extremely pleased" with Jabaal Sheard's conversion from defensive end to outside linebacker.

"If the season opened tomorrow," Sheard and Paul Kruger would be Cleveland's starting outside 'backers with Barkevious Mingo and Quentin Groves coming off the bench. We still wouldn't rule out a pre-Week 1 trade involving Sheard if Mingo proves capable of playing all three downs in training camp. For now, though, the Browns look awfully deep at a crucial position in their new 3-4 defense.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

I hate that their moving Sheard to OLB after he did so well last season. Seems like a crap shoot to me.

He was seen as a tweener coming out. And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe most of his sacks came when he was standing up, lined up more like a LB... My only concern is the pass coverage, but he is pretty quick/fast.