Sign in to follow this  
funnygunny

The Official Diablo Appreciation Thread

and arguably the biggest letdown in the entire history of everything let-downable, I have found the true successor to diablo 2

Path Of Exile

It is amazing. You can build your character however you want and you can't mindlessly roll your dick over your keyboard to beat the game. That is all I will say, FFE. You can clicky the link yourself

GET IT NAOW. U 2 VIN.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Thanatos posted about PoE a while ago. Definitely a good game, for some reason, and I don't even know why.. I have still played Diablo more since DLing PoE, though.

I have tried PoE since it was released and multiple times since, and I am not that impressed by it. Their customization is cool but I'm not that fond of getting gems to put into weapons to learn your skills. The biggest flaw is how buggy it can be at times, which I understand since its beta but its frustrating. I have had to log out and reload so many times because I can't go into town, talk to a npc, or access my stash.

With the improvements that the D3 devs have made, I enjoy playing D3 more.

I've never had a bug with PoE, strangely enough, but yeah its still in beta. One of the messages is "There will be bugs." But the real-cash auction house deal and the fact that you had pretty much had to grind like mad or spend money on those items killed D3 for me. Idk if they ever changed that, but when I heard they were doing that, I just laughed.

Grinding is glorious. Although I am used to it playing so many FF titles, among others.

PoE's inventory and bank space is nothing but a joke, which angered me a lot, considering the type of game it is.

The stash? You do realize there are four tabs, right? There's a metric fuck ton of bank space.

• Upvote 1

lol you start off with 4x more space than diablo....

and you dont have to buy shit either

I've never had a bug with PoE, strangely enough, but yeah its still in beta. One of the messages is "There will be bugs." But the real-cash auction house deal and the fact that you had pretty much had to grind like mad or spend money on those items killed D3 for me. Idk if they ever changed that, but when I heard they were doing that, I just laughed.

I will admit that at first D3 was a flop because of the real money auction house, although I made some money off it. Along with how hard inferno was til you grinded enough. But that has changed quite a bit, with them improving drop rates of items and introducing monster power levels, you can play the game at what difficulty while still being able to get good items.

You must not have played much of D2, that's all it ever was. Grinding out levels to try and get level 99 or grinding out magic find runs to get gear.

That's all it is in D3 now too with paragon levels. I'm not a fan of the skills/lack of customization. I honestly still like a lot of D2's aspects a lot more than D3 but meh what can you do.

Edited by SteelersNation36
  • Upvote 1