Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Who starts at QB for the Jets in week 1?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start Week 1?

• Mark Sanchez
    • David Garrard
    • Geno Smith
    • Greg McElroy
    • Matt Simms
  2. 2. Who will start Week 1?

• Mark Sanchez
    • David Garrard
    • Geno Smith
    • Greg McElroy
    • Matt Simms

The Jets are saying they will give all 5 guys a chance to win the starting spot. So, who do you see winning the competition/who do you think should start in week 1 for the Jets?

I personally think they should start Garrard, but I think Sanchez will be under center in week 1. Either way, I do not think they should throw Geno Smith in there because he barely has any weapons to work with. Don't want him to have a shitty rookie season and lose his confidence. Let him sit the bench and learn for a year and get some weapons next off-season, and then let him show you what he has.

I say give Mark Sanchez one last shot. Last year the Jets offensive situation was a disaster. No running game, no offensive weapons (especially when Holmes) went down and they had Tony Soprano as their offensive coord (lol). Now they have a good offensive coord in Marty Mornhinweg who may be able to make Sanchez better; who knows. But with Marty there, time will reveal if Mark really has anything or not.

If he still sucks, put in Geno. It would be really something if Geno were to explode onto the scene.

Garrad is a veteran back up imo.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports David Garrard has told teammates he "no longer plans to be with the Jets."

If Garrard is not with the Jets, then I think they should give Sanchez another shot.

But, I like Garrard. He isn't anything special, but he has experience and is smart with the football for the most part. Definitely think he could teach Geno a thing or two.

Garrard is reportedly out in NY.

Geno era is coming right off the bat. Mark it down. He'll murder Sanchez in practice, they're gonna move on right away, watch. If Sanchez's cap hit wasn't so bad I think it would of easily been Geno/Garrard.

I'll say Sanchez will be week 1 starter, most likely just to take the blame for this upcoming season,and the size of his contract. If the Jets only owed him a few million, he would have been cut or traded already. And I dont see Simms sticking around. Smith learns on the bench, McElroy will probably be #3 and Smith should see no playing time until he's got the offense/reads down.

Wouldn't be shocked if Idzik brought in another QB to continue the competition but I'm content with saying...Sanchez, Smith and McElroy.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is practically guaranteed the spot. Geno would have to really impress (It doesn't matter what McElroy or Simms do lol), or Mark would have to get hurt. Politics and such.

• Upvote 1

Now I’m not saying Sanchez is great.. but how many QBs would have been successful with the offensive line and offensive “weapons” we had last year? Not many! The drafting of Geno, changes nothing for me. It will be Mark Sanchez starting week one!

Mark Sanchez went 6-of-11 with three interceptions in Jets OTAs Wednesday.

One pass was picked off by UDFA DT Damon "Big Snacks" Harrison. Geno Smith wasn't much better, going 4-of-10 with a pick of his own. Coach Rex Ryan called Sanchez's display "unacceptable." The Jets' QB competition is going to get worse before it gets better.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger May 22

Maybe Matt Simms will win this competition after all.

:troll:

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Coach Rex Ryan said he's not close to naming his starting quarterback.

The Jets were hoping one of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith would separate himself during OTAs. It hasn't happened. "It's way too early," Ryan said. "Some days this guy looks good, some days that guy looks good." Sanchez -- who has a league-high 52 turnovers over the last two seasons -- has gotten a few more first-team reps as the incumbent, but Smith has rotated in plenty. "For me to make the decision, to say the competition is over, it will have to be 100 percent clear," Ryan said. "If it's not, we're going to keep competing until it's clear."

Rex will give sanchz another oppertunity but it'll be his last shot. I feel Rex will live and die with Sanchez in New York untill injury or there no dening who should be starting and whose the better ball player. Its time for another QB, its Geno's time but he'll have to play the waiting game in New York.