Bay

NBA most overpaid players?

Joe Johnson has the worst contract in the NBA, with STAT being second. Joe Johnson because of the length of the contract as much as the amount itself.

The Nets actually signed a lot of bad contracts. I'm a huge fan of Deron Williams, his play last year wasn't consistent enough to warrant that contract + Gerald Wallace bad contract + Humphries bad contract + Joe's awful contract.

At least Humphries is a valuable asset now because it's an expiring contract.

Bogut's contract looks bad because he seems to be falling apart. If he's healthy, he's a huge asset.

I disagree with Bosh being up there. Same with Andre Iguodela.

Overall not a bad list, but Rodney Stuckey has a much worse contract then a lot of people that were on that list.

Does Gilbert Arenas not count? He is still getting paid 20 million by the NBA because he was amnestied. Overall the list isn't bad. Bosh doesn't really belong on it, although his playoff play so far may say otherwise.

Guest Phailadelphia

These lists amuse me because I remember only a year or two ago this same list had Nick Collison on there as overpaid. :laugh:

At least Johnson is a big time player, which I don't think STAT is anymore. Joe damn near carried them to the second round this year.

At least Johnson is a big time player, which I don't think STAT is anymore. Joe damn near carried them to the second round this year.

Joe wasn't that good in the playoffs :shrug:

Joe wasn't that good in the playoffs :shrug:

No, but he took Nate Robinson shot for shot in that comeback game and damn near beat the Bulls by himself. The Nets get that win, and they probably move on.

No, but he took Nate Robinson shot for shot in that comeback game and damn near beat the Bulls by himself. The Nets get that win, and they probably move on.

Unimpressed. He went toe to toe with the Bulls 3rd PG and still lost. He doesn't deserve what he is getting paid. Half the Bulls team was hurt or sick that series and they still won.

Unimpressed. He went toe to toe with the Bulls 3rd PG and still lost. He doesn't deserve what he is getting paid. Half the Bulls team was hurt or sick that series and they still won.

I guess I don't blame Joe for the rest of the Nets sucking balls that night.

I guess I don't blame Joe for the rest of the Nets sucking balls that night.

That was the one game he earned his money. He wasn't the player he should be the rest of the series. I'm not saying he is a terrible player, but he is one of the top paid players in the NBA and is no where near deserving of that.

Considering the fact that he was raped by injuries... STAT wasn't that bad last year. And if he's able to come back healthy, he could be worth not all his contract, but a good portion of it. Offensive players and big men are always at a premium in the league. He'd be a pretty efficient scorer on a team with two scorers who on any given night can be either really good or really bad...

25 points on 50% shooting's no joke. Especially when a lot of those points are coming from the inside. His defense is ass but Tyson Chandler was bought in so that Melo and all the other bad defenders could be made look competent.

Joe Johnson at this point imo, shouldn't be on the court for 37 minutes. He's average to below average in just about every category for a 2. He'd be better coming off the bench imo.

I think both Ben Gordon and Danny Granger should not be on this list.

Ben Gordon plays on the bullshit Bobcats, who don't even deserve to play in the NBA, they are just dogshit overall. With basically no help (Kemba Walker is a pretty good player, and he has a really nice crossover fadeway jump shot), is he really expected to do all the scoring by himself! :nope:

Danny Granger only played 5 games this past regular season, so you can't fault him for the fact that he had a serious knee injury. If he was healthy and had played most of the regular season, I think the Pacers would have beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. They were just dominating the Heat in the paint and on the boards, so Granger just would have given the Pacers that added threat! :yep:

If Kendrick Perkins made a dollar, that would be 99 cents too much. Dude is straight up ass.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Kendrick Perkins belongs.

Joe Johnson belongs as well, but there's no way he belongs on the bench. He's still a top 10 SG.

Eric Gordon does not belong on this list though. I know he can't stay healthy, but when is healthy, he's a top 5 SG.