Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Jaws believes Weeden will be a rock-solid starter

After studying each of Brandon Weeden's rookie-year throws, ESPN's Ron Jaworski came away "impressed" and believes Weeden "will be a rock-solid NFL starter in Norv Turner's offense."

Weeden's pocket presence was a question mark coming out of Oklahoma State, but Jaws observed on tape that, "For a rookie, Weeden showed uncommon poise and calm in the pocket" with "consistently solid" mechanics. Jaworski was also impressed with Weeden's "ability to sit on his back foot and drive the ball with velocity." Added Jaws, "There's no question in my mind that his throwing skill set and Turner's quarterback-friendly system will mesh effectively." Weeden has deep-sleeper QB2 appeal under QB gurus Turner and Rob Chudzinski.

He only has a couple years left in the league, he better show us and the Browns this ability pretty soon.

I guess if he moves like a rock, and throws like a rock, he can be a rock solid QB.

He only has a couple years left in the league, he better show us and the Browns this ability pretty soon.

This a million times this. Even if he learned Norv Turners offense, by all accounts he has struggled with it, he needs to catch on quick. At 30 years old, he doesn't have the time or the patience of the fans to struggle and improve.

I can't believe Weeden is older then Aaron Rodgers.... :panic:

I would not mind seeing the Browns have a respectable/good season though. :)