Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Edward Snowden

I just hate how Snowden has reacted. You did what you did. Now deal with the consequences. I am not saying he is either right or wrong because for me it is a bit of a gray area. What he did was wrong. When you look at it an absolute sense, what he did was wrong there is really no way to deny that. Now is what he did necessary ? I am about 95/5 leaning towards yes. I think that the government was doing some things that were morally wrong. That being said I have pretty much accepted this as an everyday fact of life for a long time now. Is it sad it has come to that ? Sure. Although thinking one person like Snowden is going to stop it is silly. Thinking this will somehow change the American public and force them into action is equally silly.

Remember when that shit it Kony was happening ? It was all the rage for a long time and Americans were all up in arms about it. Then what happened ? Nothing. We made bracelets and Facebook meme's that was the extent of our "supporting the cause." It will be the same here. I mean look at this thread. It was hot for what a day ? Then it just fizzled and people pecked at it and not it has sort of caught fire again and will just as quickly assuredly die off.

The American people are so fickle that we can not keep ourselves on track about what is going on in our daily lives and try to stop the rich people from taking this country over daily and letting scumbag politicians on both sides try to legislate what should be a choice. The only reason it is not is because we have let them legislate choice and free thinking out of our society through fear-mongering, class warfare,distraction, and economic strangleholds.

The majority of Americans dont have time to be political activists because we are working to make sure we dont have to shower in the dark or shower at all before we go to work to a job we hate, that pays shit because there is nothing else. Look at how many college grads are underemployed or looking for work. There is no way someone with a family is going to sit there and be able to put all this time in to a job like political science or something working as some lackey for 10 years for a corrupt bureaucrat making didly shit and afford to keep your family fed. If you are single then you will barely be able to keep yourself fed unless you are lucky.If you are lucky then you damn sure are not about to sacrifice what you can to other people because as lucky as you are you have seen other people have that taken from them so you are going to do what you can to make sure it does not happen to you.

Take all of that into consideration and now do you really think other than the fact that I am trying to waste time until dinner is ready and you reading because of boredom that this is going to change, or that on some level other than political outrage that you are going to do anything about this. This is not a condemnation of character to any of TGP, but the fact is nothing is going to change and if anything it will get worse. All Snowden did was tell us what we already knew.

He let us in on the fact the government is spying on us and other countries. Hold the press people, but this has pretty much been a fact since McCarthy and the Red Scare. It could be argued that social security numbers where created for the sole purpose of keeping tabs on people, if not sole then I am sure an enjoyed side effect noted by Uncle Sam. Since the 50's people have done thought this so in the last 60 years we as a society begging for change has done nothing. Which made Snowdens actions imo pretty stupid.

What was his endgame ? Did he think this was going to spark some sort of revolution ? If so what kind ? One where we were going to storm Washington and demand the restoration of political and social liberties ? Was he really that naive ? Did he think it would lead to blood in the streets type of revolution ? Oh what a naive prick he would have to be to think that we would stand any chance of a sustained conflict with the U.S. Government. And before the question gets asked do I think would soldiers really kill Americans ? Yes I do. Was he hoping to get other countries involved and to pressure the U.S. government to cease and desist ? Really because the U.S. government that he knew was going to spy on other countries was somehow above lying to their face and saying they would stop and then continuing to do so ? I mean the only logical conclusion I can come up with to his motives were that he thought he would be praised and hailed as a hero who was fighting the man. Now that he has found out that it was a fools errand he wants to complain about how the US is hunting him and nobody wants to piss us off so he is having trouble with permanent asylum. How did you think it was going to go douche ? Did he think he would be able to perpetrate what is viewed by the government as treason and they would somehow be OK with it ? Dide he not think it through and act irrationally and now regret it ? In all likelihood.

The dude did what he did. Now he is paying the consequences for it. If you want to be known as a hero fine. If you think what you did was damn noble, fine. However please spare me this whiny ass sob story about how people are picking on you. No matter the purity of intention you had to know this would bring derision. Now that it has face that shit like a man and quit taking up CNN time by complaining about how you did not expect this.

Well dinners done so let it permeate gentleman.

Seems like this guy is crying for attention now. Everytime his name is forgotten, he fires back with more things.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/12/19/obama-putin-national-security-agency-russia/4122731/

Russia President Vladimir Putin says his government is not working with National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, and defended President Obama over his spying program — sort of.

"How do I feel about Obama after Snowden's revelations? I envy him, because he can get away with it," Putin said during a Thursday news conference in Russia.

Speaking a day after a White House advisory panel released a report recommending changes in NSA programs, Putin defended espionage in general.

He called it "one of the oldest professions in the world, just like some other well-known professions — we won't mention them here," an apparent reference to prostitution.

But Putin did say regulations, such as those envisioned for the NSA, are necessary: "On political level, it's necessary to limit the appetite of special services with certain rules."

As for Snowden — granted political asylum by Russia earlier this year -- Putin said: "To speak in professional jargon, operatively speaking, we are not working with him, and we never worked with him.

"It is up to him to determine his future," he said. "We are not going to help him, just give him shelter."