AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jaws QB Countdown

In case anybody was curious, the list in it's entity.

1 Aaron Rodgers

2 Peyton Manning

3 Tom Brady

4 Joe Flacco

5 Matt Ryan

6 Drew Brees

7 Ben Roethlisberger

8 Eli Manning

9 Matt Schaub

10 Andrew Luck

11 Colin Kaepernick

12 Russell Wilson

13 Robert Griffin III

14 Jay Cutler

15 Tony Romo

16 Matthew Stafford

17 Philip Rivers

18 Cam Newton

19 Andy Dalton

20 Alex Smith

21 Josh Freeman

22 Sam Bradford

23 Carson Palmer

24 Ryan Tannehill

25 Michael Vick

26 Brandon Weeden

27 Christian Ponder

28 Mark Sanchez

29 Chad Henne

30 Kevin Kolb

31 Jake Locker

32 Matt Flynn

I rarely defend Tony Romo, but Matt Schaub being ranked over him is just a :nonono:

So many things wrong with his list.....

Much like housemd, I pretty much never defend Tony Romo. To have Jay Cutler and Matt Schaubb ahead of him though just doesn't seem right to me. Romo gets a lot of crap because he has pretty much failed to make any push into the playoffs and during the playoffs. Also because people feel like he chokes games away. However if you take him away from the Cowboys, and they probably don't compete like they had been for a while. Much more if you take away what the Cowboys did in the past and put him with any other team that hasn't got much history, I believe the perception of him drastically changes.

Man, I can't believe I just actually stood up for Romo. I still think he's somewhat of a choker.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big believer in the passer rating when evaluating quarterbacks, mainly because passer rating differential has over a 90% correlation to wins. In other words, whichever team's quarterback has a higher passer rating during the game, that team wins about 90% of the time. What better way to evaluate quarterbacks then by using a statistic that translates highly to wins?

Passer rating does correlate to wins but IMO its not a good way (ironically) of rating QBs. Its a good way of rating a teams passing offense with a given QB under centre.

QB is the single most important position in football but even a QB needs a supporting cast around him and a good system to be successful. Take identical QBs and put one in a situation where he has great pass protection, excellent receivers and a QB friendly system and the other in a situation with poor pass protection, scrubs at receiver and a system which is demanding on the QB and these two identical QBs will have very different passer ratings.

• Upvote 2