HUMCALC

How Did You Become a Fan Of Your Team?

I live in Oregon. Since we have no actual "Home Team" we're kind of a melting pot of football fanbases here. There's five major groups up here that I see, at least in my town. Steelers, Packers, Niners, Raiders, and Seahawks. It just depends on your family/social circle. In my house we followed two things when it came to football. The Seahawks, and whatever team Brett Favre was on. (My Dad's a massive Brett Favre fan. He STILL bitches about how Favre got jobbed by the Saints in the 2009 playoffs).

As for me, I was mostly indifferent to Football until fairly recently. I found it boring because I don't really understand it. Then in 2007 my friend got me to sit down and actually watch the entire playoffs with him. Mostly because I wanted to see if the Patriots wold finish their undefeated season. That's right... The PATRIOTS got me in to Football. As much as I hate them now, I do owe them that.

MY friend taught me the rules and explained things to me as we watched. Once I understood what was going on I found myself enjoying Football. Alot. We also started playing Madden, and of course I had to choose a team. I chose the Seahawks because they had always been my family's team. Because of that I started watching Seahawks games. I learned who the players were, and generally engrossed myself in the Seahawks. I was hooked. Hard. There was no going back.

Ever since then I've watched every game and followed every move of the Seahawks organization. I am now and will forever be a Seahawks fan thanks to the intervention of my friend. Long live the 12th Man!

Drafting Michael Vick in 2000 did it for me...

Were you a VT fan or just a Vick fan?

Were you a VT fan or just a Vick fan?

I was 7 years old in 2000...but I do remember seeing highlights of Vick from VT..also when playing like Madden and stuff, I always used the Falcons because of him. As I grew older I started to follow football as a whole more. I'm not a VT fan, but it was enjoyable watching Marcus Vick too. So really just Vick.

I was 7 years old in 2000...but I do remember seeing highlights of Vick from VT..also when playing like Madden and stuff, I always used the Falcons because of him. As I grew older I started to follow football as a whole more. I'm not a VT fan, but it was enjoyable watching Marcus Vick too. So really just Vick.

Gotcha. Kind of a side note...it seems like VT gravitated towards scramblers quite a bit more than other schools for a while. Vick, Vick 2.0, Taylor, etc. Might just be me.

I've lived in the Chicagoland area all my life (suburbs). My parents were born in Wisconsin and my entire family is from Wisconsin. The only sport that any of em care about is football, so I was brought up a Packer fan. Seeing as the rest of them did not care about basketball, baseball, etc. I was left to make my own decisions as to which team I'll support. Ended up being all Chicago teams. Bulls, Blackhawks, and sort of the Cubs and Brewers (I don't care for baseball much. Dad is Cubs fan mom is brewers fan).

Also, I go to the U of Iowa so I'm a Hawkeyes fan/Badgers fan (Wisconsin thing again).

Born in Ore. Gre up between CAL. (Bay area) and AZ... oh, BARRY SANDERS and my insane loyalty is why I've always been a Lions fan.

I was born in the Cleveland area (Fairview Park, to be exact) and even though I grew up in Georgia my parents were diehard Browns fans. I was raised with it. I don't know why Child Services never showed up on that one.

• Upvote 1