BC

Training Camp

Bears experimenting with Melton and his hands off the ground.

BOURBONNAIS — The Bears’ offense got a look at an unusual defensive line Tuesday.

Defensive tackle Henry Melton stood upright at the line of scrimmage, a position common for 3-4 defenses but rarely seen in the Bears’ 4-3 defense.

“That’s a little wrinkle [defensive coordinator Mel Tucker] is bringing to us,” Melton said. “We’re just testing it out. We’re going to see how it works, and we’ll see if we’re going to run it.”

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21773119-419/melton-a-stand-up-guy-at-line-of-scrimmage.html

David Bakhtiari has been playing well in practice... And Jermichael Finley wants to break his arm...

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sports/packers_and_nfl/several-scuffles-at-packers-practice

Went to Packers practice this morning! Woke up at 6 AM, ate breakfast, got to Ray Nitchske Field at about 6:50 AM.

Awesome stuff, really. There was lots of ST practice which really annoyed me being it's the first and only practice I will be attending in the foreseeable future... lol

It's really interesting seeing how guys interact with each other during practice though. For example. Aaron Rodgers was constantly walking around, talking to different guys, and making sure he got around to mostly everyone. Jermichael Finley, on the other hand, spent the entire practice off to the side, alone, and generally looked shunned. lol

I was on the half of the field that the offense was practicing, so I didn't really watch much of the starting defense which was down on the other end of the field...

However, we had some real productive runs from all the guys. Franklin, to me, looked the most fluid. And he had a few nice catches out of the backfield. Angelo Pease also had a couple nice runs and catches that caught my eye. Starks had some nice runs, Green with one. And I think Lacy sat out. Just stood on the sidelines the whole time.

Aaron lined up as the MLB for a lot of the simulated plays, which made me laugh. He actually ended up having one rush get called a sack by one of the refs (not full contact, especially with Aaron playing mike... lol) which was one of the plays of the practice.

Mike always tests out his QBs in fun ways and one of those ways is by setting up a hooped net 50 yards down field. The diameter of the hoop is no bigger than a hula hoop and it isn't that often anyone hits that thing. It's just extremely difficult.

Aaron Rodgers though nailed it on one of his attempts. The crowd erupted into a thunderous applause and Aaron did his belt and just kinda walked the opposite direction. I guess if you hit that one you get the rest of the day off. Haha

Vince Young looked SO BAD. SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. I realize he just got here, but yikes. He had multiple balls just slip out of his hands as he was trying to throw, threw an INT during the walkthrough portion and had another pass broken up by an offensive lineman turned cornerback. Kind of embarrassing Vince.

However, he was extremely nice and stayed an extended period of time signing autographs. Only two guys stayed around longer than he did from what I saw -- Randall Cobb & Eddie Lacy.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Things I will be watching for tonight:

- David Bakhtiari at LT.

- Mike Neal possibly playing at OLB

- The RBs

- Backup QB Competition!

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

RBs were ass. QBs were ass (outside of Aaron). Secondary was mega ass.

We have a lot of work to do.