Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Obama pledges $195 million more in Syria aid

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/08/08/Obama-pledges-195-million-more-in-Syria-aid.html

Associated Press, Washington

President Barack Obama says the U.S. is providing an additional $195 million in humanitarian and food aid to Syrian rebels.

That means the U.S. has now sent more than $1 billion in humanitarian aid since the two-year Syrian civil war started.

Obama is timing the new aid to coincide with Eid al-Fitr, a holiday marking the end of Ramadan, Islam's holy month of fasting.

Obama says many Americans have celebrated Ramadan with Muslims. He says millions in Syria are displaced and that the U.S. wants to help.

The humanitarian aid follows recent approval of a U.S. aid package of weapons to Syrian rebels aimed at reversing recent battlefield gains by President Bashar Assad.

The White House issued the statement Wednesday while Obama was traveling in California.

Does everyone else see the hypocrisy and contradiction with aiding the rebels?

They are basically led by those with Al-Qaeda connections!!!

• Upvote 1

As I've said in basically every one of these threads: we should stay out of this. Both sides are scum. If we want to send money to syria, keep it on food and medical care for civilians.

• Upvote 2

As I've said in basically every one of these threads: we should stay out of this. Both sides are scum. If we want to send money to syria, keep it on food and medical care for civilians.

Why don't you want America getting involved? Is it mostly because you are tired from both the Iraq War and the Afghanistan War?

Just wait, this could become much much bigger down the road.....pray it doesn't but often these things are in the works for some time before the public realizes it.

U.S./Israel and our allies vs. Iran/Russia and their allies etc....never know it could happen!

Could become bad. This is not just about Syria IMO. There is usually a bigger picture and agenda.

Edited by Jules

Interesting, Obama is holding a news conference tomorrow. Must check this out. :corn:

I wonder if he will actually tell us anything this time. The closing of the embassies and the terror threats.....we are long overdue for some real answers IMO.

I don't need to hear the same old BS about "phony scandals" again either btw. Or anything related to Trayvon.

And very interesting that Obama canceled his latest visit with Putin.

Edited by Jules

U.S./Israel and our allies vs. Iran/Russia and their allies etc....never know it could happen!

How, exactly, would a civil war in Syria blow up into the third world war?

Could become bad. This is not just about Syria IMO. There is usually a bigger picture and agenda.

It's already "bad"; it's never going to be bad enough that war between two great powers breaks out.

And very interesting that Obama canceled his latest visit with Putin.

That's Obama bitching about Snowden, even though I can guarantee there have been instances in which we refused to extradite Russian fugitives.

The very definition of treason. Obama should be hanged or put to death by firing squad. I don't even believe in God but I'm going to pray just in case.

How, exactly, would a civil war in Syria blow up into the third world war?

It's already "bad"; it's never going to be bad enough that war between two great powers breaks out.

I am sorry, I didn't see this post of yours until the thread was bumped back up.

Basically I was thinking history often repeats itself.

The Spanish Civil War was before WWII. I see some similarities to today, personally.....

That's all. These things don't develop over night though.....

Edited by Jules

The Spanish Civil War was before WWII. I see some similarities to today, personally.....

That's all. These things don't develop over night though.....

The only significance the Spanish Civil War had on WWII, really, is that it allowed Hitler to practice his Blitzkrieg tactics.

Neither Russia nor the United States are stupid enough to bring about global war over this. If I'm wrong, I'll post a picture of me with "I'm a stupid idiot" written across my forehead. Then again... if it is WW3... I shouldn't be at the computer.