Sign in to follow this  
BUCK3Y3

Alabama Freshman Dee Liner Flashes Cash

There are plenty of times and places where athletes can acceptably bend the money clip and make it thunderstorm cash.

You won the NBA Finals? Throw bills in the air. Are you taking home the World Cup? Toss that green like a julienne salad.

When you’re a college athlete on scholarship, however, flashing cash isn’t a go-to move. Alabama defensive lineman Dee Liner could be finding this truth out the hard way.

The freshmen defensive end posted an image on Instagram of himself and others fanning a veritable palm frond of cash, which was spotted by Joe Student of Busted Coverage. The image of Liner and his friends was posted along with the hashtag “#StruggleOverWit.”

Perhaps a certain Heisman-winning SEC quarterback should’ve set a better example for his SEC brothers, especially the younger ones?

Regardless, yet another player from that conference has caused an Internet stir by flashing what looks like a significant amount of American currency on a social media website. This time around it’s 2013 Alabama signee Dee Liner, who took to Instagram to show what’s a significant amount of financial assets for an 18-year-old kid.

Flashing that amount of cash in and of itself would’ve been enough to cause a ruckus across the web. Factor in that Liner was an Auburn verbal commitment — he committed to AU in June of 2011 — before a last-minute flipping to and signing with hated in-state rival Alabama earlier this year and, well, you can extrapolate the reaction to the photo on The Plains from there.

“Don’t judge me when u have no clue what I have been through!!!” Liner wrote on his Twitter account after being inundated with insult.

While there’s been no comment, official or otherwise, you can be certain that UA officials are already in the process of looking into the situation. And you can be just as certain that head coach Nick Saban is in the process of determining exactly where on Liner’s person he’s going to rip the freshman a new one for putting himself out there like that.

20130729-102050.jpg

Lol #StruggleOverWit. Classic. I also find it hilarious that he is a defensive lineman named DEE LINER. Amazing how stupid these people are.

Edited by BUCK3Y3

Dee Liner. What a perfect name.

Was his momma Miss Cleo or something?

Nope. If she was she wouldn't prevented here son from stupid enough to post photos of himself holding wads of hundreds online. Where does an 18 year old kid get that money?

Boosters.

I mean *cough cough cough*

Boosters.

I mean *cough cough cough*

Maybe. The story is on a lot of sites except ESPN. Granted there isn't alot of information. Just a picture and him defending himself on twitter. Which I guess is enough for a story at ESPN.

I remember reading about this kid while he kept flip-flopping between Auburn and Alabama. He was using them back and forth like a complete gold digger. Plenty of negative stories popped up during that time. Most about him hitting all the parties and trying to be a star before he even touched the college field.

I have a strong feeling that before the season's over, Saban will be #OverWit him.

Wasn't there a kid that had an Auburn tattoo but committed to Bama or something? Maybe it was the other way around.