Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Bengals extend Geno Atkins

Bengals agreed to terms with DT Geno Atkins on a five-year, $55 million contract extension.

Atkins will earn $31 million over the first three years of the deal and he's worth every penny. Atkins has emerged as the game's most dominant 4-3 defensive tackle, racking up 12.5 sacks, 54 tackles, four forced fumbles and two batted balls last season. Entering his fourth NFL season, he's already been to the Pro Bowl twice, been a first-team All-Pro once and graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 1 defensive tackle by an obscene margin last year. Atkins, fellow tackle Domata Peko, left end Carlos Dunlap and right end Michael Johnson make up arguably the league's premier defensive line. Now only Haloti Ngata and Ndamukong Suh have larger contracts at the interior line position than Atkins.

Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

Great deal for both sides. :yep:

The defense is set! Looks like a very serious run for the ring now.

With Andy Dalton at quarterback? Surely you jest!

• Upvote 1

With Andy Dalton at quarterback? Surely you jest!

Hey, defense did everything last playoff game. Now they can keep the opposing score down even more so. :biggrin:

Hey, defense did everything last playoff game. Now they can keep the opposing score down even more so. :biggrin:

Why more so now, because Geno got his payday ? You saw how well the lets let the defense do everything went last time.

I dont think Andy Dalton is ever going to get you to the ship'. That said people said the same about Flacoo so yeah....I guess it could happen.

Why more so now, because Geno got his payday ? You saw how well the lets let the defense do everything went last time.

I dont think Andy Dalton is ever going to get you to the ship'. That said people said the same about Flacoo so yeah....I guess it could happen.

You guys did it without a QB back in 1999. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

You guys did it without a QB back in 1999. :biggrin:

Touche sir...

That said as good as your defense is, it will have to get a few more players to be on par with that defense...I think.

Touche sir...

That said as good as your defense is, it will have to get a few more players to be on par with that defense...I think.

For now we look good on paper. Until the season starts we don't know yet.