Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Packers @ Bengals

That Bengals defense is downright oppressive. They held the Pack and Aaron Rodgers all game. I don't think I've ever seen him throw more INT's than TD's, and never two in one game. I wonder if I should move them into the top three for threats to the Broncos dominance of the AFC this year.

The biggest threat to the Bengals defense is their own offense.

You should look up his stats after a loss.... I don't even know who we have after the BYE, but they are in trouble.

That Bengals defense is downright oppressive. They held the Pack and Aaron Rodgers all game. I don't think I've ever seen him throw more INT's than TD's, and never two in one game. I wonder if I should move them into the top three for threats to the Broncos dominance of the AFC this year.

True story. Do you have somebody on the roster to fill in for Michael Johnson when he leaves this offseason?

Lol this team.

Also it's not an upset. I hate this shit how people say it's an upset. Cincinnati was and still is as good- no probably slightly better than Green Bay. People are overrating this Packer team. They've ranked us top 5 and even top 3 on NFL.com when I'd say we've barely earned top 10 status only thanks to that Washington beating. But beating a crappy team doesn't really warrant a jump in the rankings.

Anyways, it's not like I'm ungrateful that my team will probably contend at the end of this year because I know people are going to say that. It's that I cannot stand the stupid shit that we do to ourselves to put us in a bubble position. We are 1-2 and we should be 2-1 maybe even 3-0 if our defense didn't play so horribly week 1. Our offense is not as good as everybody thinks, and we can see that when Rodgers is off his game even slightly, we're unproductive. Our offense RELIES on Rodgers to be good and that's what I have always feared ever since he started being called elite. The more and more you center yourself around a QB, the more risky everything becomes. McCarthy has an unnatural hatred of running the ball, though it didn't show today thankfully. It seriously takes Rodgers laying an egg out there for him to hand it to the RB. A sad thing I'm about to say is I don't even know what our offensive coordinator does. Actually, I don't even know who it is. Ever since Philbin left, we've had a really unknown factor as far as our OC goes. All I'm gonna say is whether it's McCarthy or the OC, whoever is designing our gameplan needs to balance it out more. We will not win a Super Bowl if we rely 100% on Rodgers to do it. Even if the defense continues to improve, which I think it will, our receivers are average. Jordy Nelson is the only reliable one of the bunch. Jones' route running is "meh" (he's apparently caused 2 interceptions the past week because of his routes), Cobb and Finley drop a ton of balls, and Cobb is really only good when he gets into space. The rest don't see the field much. I guess we're still waiting for Cobb to break out, which I don't think will happen as tremendously as everybody thinks. I've kinda half-doubted him ever since he came into the league. Our offensive line is still terrible. I'm waiting for them to get better. We have talented RB's we just don't use them enough. Which drives me crazy. I love how McCarthy starts running the ball more as soon as our #1 goes down. Great thinking champ.

As for the defense, I think we played a hell of a game today. Aside from 2 drives, we held Cincinnati pretty solid. We still need to get more pressure on the QB, as I think that will help our secondary out. They're still a bunch of young guys, developing, and I think that if Tramon took more an active role in being the leader of the group that they'd perhaps find an identity and bond together more, like what happened when Woodson was here. They've each got their flaws, but I think as a group they could be great, in time. Thank god for Brad Jones, and I can't believe I'm saying it but AJ Hawk has played well this year too. He's far more aggressive and actually makes tackles. Matthews is amazing as usual, and Nick Perry has been playing solidly. He's far less of a liability than Walden is when it comes to containing the outside. Our defensive line has been much improved with the addition of Jolly. We drafted another guy on DL who hasn't played much I forget his name though. But I feel like with the additions we've made, we're able to rotate the guys more and keep them fresh. Also, is it just a coincidence that Jolly came back and we've been batting down lots of passes? :D

This isn't really a rant thread, it's just that seeing us blow this game after a 20 point lead drove me to write this. There are some major problems on the team but I don't think that they're difficult to solve. I think we can still go deep into the postseason if we correct this crap early and get on a roll. To sum it all up: let's try to actually fix the offensive line, run the ball more, and get more pressure on the opposing QB.

Oh it's an upset. The Bengals have been solid for a couple years but have had some fairly easy schedules, too. They didn't beat the elite teams in the league. Maybe this is part of the next step for them.

Maybe they haven't beaten that many elite teams. But my point was that Green Bay is not as good as everybody thinks. After the Washington game everybody was like "alright there's Green Bay back to domination form" and I wasn't sold.

I mean when is the last time Green Bay beat an elite team? October 14 last year we beat Houston. If you ask me we have to prove ourselves to the league too but not many people think that. Everyone seems to forget this is a very different team than we had a few years ago. Even on offense.

Funny thing is, Houston isn't an elite team. I'd look back as far as the last time you guys beat Baltimore, probably.

You should look up his stats after a loss.... I don't even know who we have after the BYE, but they are in trouble.

True story. Do you have somebody on the roster to fill in for Michael Johnson when he leaves this offseason?

They need to sign his ass IMMEDIATELY.

Lol this team.

Also it's not an upset. I hate this shit how people say it's an upset. Cincinnati was and still is as good- no probably slightly better than Green Bay. People are overrating this Packer team. They've ranked us top 5 and even top 3 on NFL.com when I'd say we've barely earned top 10 status only thanks to that Washington beating. But beating a crappy team doesn't really warrant a jump in the rankings.

Anyways, it's not like I'm ungrateful that my team will probably contend at the end of this year because I know people are going to say that. It's that I cannot stand the stupid shit that we do to ourselves to put us in a bubble position. We are 1-2 and we should be 2-1 maybe even 3-0 if our defense didn't play so horribly week 1. Our offense is not as good as everybody thinks, and we can see that when Rodgers is off his game even slightly, we're unproductive. Our offense RELIES on Rodgers to be good and that's what I have always feared ever since he started being called elite. The more and more you center yourself around a QB, the more risky everything becomes. McCarthy has an unnatural hatred of running the ball, though it didn't show today thankfully. It seriously takes Rodgers laying an egg out there for him to hand it to the RB. A sad thing I'm about to say is I don't even know what our offensive coordinator does. Actually, I don't even know who it is. Ever since Philbin left, we've had a really unknown factor as far as our OC goes. All I'm gonna say is whether it's McCarthy or the OC, whoever is designing our gameplan needs to balance it out more. We will not win a Super Bowl if we rely 100% on Rodgers to do it. Even if the defense continues to improve, which I think it will, our receivers are average. Jordy Nelson is the only reliable one of the bunch. Jones' route running is "meh" (he's apparently caused 2 interceptions the past week because of his routes), Cobb and Finley drop a ton of balls, and Cobb is really only good when he gets into space. The rest don't see the field much. I guess we're still waiting for Cobb to break out, which I don't think will happen as tremendously as everybody thinks. I've kinda half-doubted him ever since he came into the league. Our offensive line is still terrible. I'm waiting for them to get better. We have talented RB's we just don't use them enough. Which drives me crazy. I love how McCarthy starts running the ball more as soon as our #1 goes down. Great thinking champ.

As for the defense, I think we played a hell of a game today. Aside from 2 drives, we held Cincinnati pretty solid. We still need to get more pressure on the QB, as I think that will help our secondary out. They're still a bunch of young guys, developing, and I think that if Tramon took more an active role in being the leader of the group that they'd perhaps find an identity and bond together more, like what happened when Woodson was here. They've each got their flaws, but I think as a group they could be great, in time. Thank god for Brad Jones, and I can't believe I'm saying it but AJ Hawk has played well this year too. He's far more aggressive and actually makes tackles. Matthews is amazing as usual, and Nick Perry has been playing solidly. He's far less of a liability than Walden is when it comes to containing the outside. Our defensive line has been much improved with the addition of Jolly. We drafted another guy on DL who hasn't played much I forget his name though. But I feel like with the additions we've made, we're able to rotate the guys more and keep them fresh. Also, is it just a coincidence that Jolly came back and we've been batting down lots of passes? :D

This isn't really a rant thread, it's just that seeing us blow this game after a 20 point lead drove me to write this. There are some major problems on the team but I don't think that they're difficult to solve. I think we can still go deep into the postseason if we correct this crap early and get on a roll. To sum it all up: let's try to actually fix the offensive line, run the ball more, and get more pressure on the opposing QB.

Oh it's an upset. The Bengals have been solid for a couple years but have had some fairly easy schedules, too. They didn't beat the elite teams in the league. Maybe this is part of the next step for them.

Maybe they haven't beaten that many elite teams. But my point was that Green Bay is not as good as everybody thinks. After the Washington game everybody was like "alright there's Green Bay back to domination form" and I wasn't sold.

I mean when is the last time Green Bay beat an elite team? October 14 last year we beat Houston. If you ask me we have to prove ourselves to the league too but not many people think that. Everyone seems to forget this is a very different team than we had a few years ago. Even on offense.

Funny thing is, Houston isn't an elite team. I'd look back as far as the last time you guys beat Baltimore, probably.

Eh, not anymore. But they WERE at that point. The last time we beat Baltimore they weren't elite either, though. That was 2009. I will be judging the Packers solely on the fact that they can beat elite teams. I measure elite teams as one that I believe has the potential to go to the conference championship.

So far, we're 0-2. We have yet to play the Bears twice, the Falcons once, the Ravens once, and the Lions twice (I don't think they're elite but I think they're a tough divisional matchup that we will test our mettle against).

Packers cut WR / KR Jeremy Ross. I loved that kid and he is just a scapegoat... But, he has started the season off terribly. I was kind of surprised when he made the final roster. Good luck to him wherever he goes. I want to see him succeed.