Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Lions @ Packers

JAMES JONES IS KILLING IT OUT THERE

That was a bullshit call.

LAME. Whatever, this game is over anyway. Would have liked that one, though.

Jerome Boger is the worst NFL ref ever. Seriously. I hate you.

Big win in the division. Now 2-2

Offense was finally clicking outside of some drop issues in the 1st half. We can throw the ball... What a day by Aaron and James Jones. An absolutely clinic. We have a run game. Eddard Lacy with a solid but not overwhelming performance (would have looked great if he didn't have a bullshit holding penalty negate a huge run).

Defense played great even after we lost, no lie, like 5 LBs to injury. Defense played great. Stuffed Reggie most of the day, which I am kind of surprised about. He had one gimmicky reverse run to the outside that netted him good yardage and a nice stretch play to the right side that got him good yardage. Outside of that, practically nothing. Stuffed him up the middle every single time.

We've been looking for a guy to step up in that OLB position opposite Clay, and both Nick Perry and Mike Neal were PHENOMENAL. That Dline is so beastly... Raji, Picket, & Daniels/Jolly. It was great having Morgan Burnett back, sitting in the defensive backfield calling all the shots.

STs was awesome. Masthay dominates the kickoffs, Mason Crosby had maybe the best day of his career.... Coverage teams didn't let up anything huge.

Absolutely fantastic day all around for these Green Bay Packers. Outside of some real issues failing to finish drives and horrible biased reffing, I will take games like this every single week.

1. McCarthy needs to stop thinking of Eddie Lacy as "a guy who can run so we can pass more easily" and start thinking of him as a "running back". The guy can run the ball let's let him do it. Don't over-pass if we don't have to you dumb chump.

2. Defense played nicely but they were without Calvin Johnson so I'm sure we would have done a lot worse with him in there.

3. Nobody can complain about Matt Stafford not being good enough. How many dropped passes were there? Close to 10, it had to have been. Of course he will do better with Johnson in the game but take Jordy Nelson out and I guarantee our passing situation would not be nearly as good. It's days like this where you realize "holy crap Detroit needs more wide receivers". I really think they'd be a lot better off with even an average receiver but good pair of hands out there. Doesn't need to be a flashy speedy guy, but someone who can catch a ball. I saw like 3-5 dropped passes that would have been 1st downs for Detroit late in the game.

4. I flipped when I saw Nick Perry drop down on the field pre-snap. Then I realized it was only cuz his shoe wasn't on his foot and he couldn't fix it. Lol. Came back next play for a strip sack that was recovered by Detroit.

5. McCarthy needs to stop fixating on using Randall Cobb as a utility man. He had a fantastic run but really? Are you going to keep him at RB the rest of the drive? Put him back at receiver where he belongs and get a real running back in there. Cobb's next two carries were for like, -4 and 3 yards.

6. Randall Cobb needs to stop fielding every single punt lol. He stuck us back in our own 10 yard line twice this game. Just fair catch it or let it go into the end zone, guy.

All in all, good win. I think if Calvin were in there it would have been a lot closer. The game was extremely close as it was, we just managed to pull away at the end with 2 TD in the last half quarter or so. But seriously... so many Lions drives halted by their own mistakes.

1. Agree to a degree. I think there was great balance today though. OUtside of that really moronic play call on like 3rd & 1, in which Lacy should have been pounded up the gut I like how we ran and how often we ran. I mean, he ran the ball over 20 times.

2. We stopped AJ Green in Cincy though. Does Stafford throw up a couple hail mary's to Calvin that he comes down with? Probably, but I wouldn't expect a HUGE difference in score at all.

3. I dunno about him "not being good enough". What is good enough, exactly? Yes, they need WR help and with no Calvin or Burleson, he was left with a lot of crap.. but you have to make plays. He has a plethora of TEs and RBs to throw to. Game plan should have been tailored around those guys. We sent the blitz quite often today and he just never adjusted.

4. Ya, had me a little scared at first... Yikes.

5. I kind of agree that I don't necessarily want to use him like that for an entire drive, but I saw nothing wrong with it today. He only ran it on back to back plays for 72 (67 and 7) yards. Can't say too much negatively about that.

6. One of them was headed out of bounds anyway, we were stuck regardless. The other I don't really recall off the top of my head, but I don't like him back there anyway.

I said most of those things (like #1 and 5) cuz I saw drives stall for Field Goals or Punts because of dumb crap like that.

And that's my point about #3. If 50% of stafford's passes weren't dropped, it would've been different I'm sure. As far as I'm concerned Stafford made most the plays he needed to. But if the ball isn't caught, he gets blamed for the play not being made?

Megatron deserves MVP votes. He affects his offense with his presence as much or more than most QB's.

Can't even be mad at Stafford. He missed some throws but he really had nobody get open consistently. I hate using drops as an excuse so I'll stay away from that, but we are doomed if it comes down to Kris Durham, kevin ogletree, Patrick Edwards, and Pettigrew's sorry ass getting separation.

The next three weeks are going go be brutal.

No Megatron, no offense. Not sure who expected anything different.