Sign in to follow this  
KempBolt

Jadaveon Clowney

Little known prospect from the more southerly of the Carolinas.

This guy probably deserved his own thread anyways, but with all the drama setting up around him it's getting to be a necessity. All this crap looks like it's setting up for some teams to pass on him and then end up regretting it. If the Chargers wind up tanking this year, I can only hope they somehow manage to draft him.

It's still totally probable that he goes in the top 3, but I do have to laugh at how the media tries to act like they've got the top 5 figured out before college football even starts.

Even if he fumbles and bumbles his way through the rest of this season, 1st round pass rushers are all about upside and Clowney has more than anyone.

He's shown a lot of great potential before this season... But man, he seems like a complete ass hole. Looks like he has bought into his own hype. If he doesn't straighten out, his ego is going to be the biggest competition to his success. We most likely won't have a chance to grab him, and I am thankful. It'd be a tough decision to make, IMO.

He's shown a lot of great potential before this season... But man, he seems like a complete ass hole. Looks like he has bought into his own hype. If he doesn't straighten out, his ego is going to be the biggest competition to his success. We most likely won't have a chance to grab him, and I am thankful. It'd be a tough decision to make, IMO.

All we can do is guess from the outside, but my guess is that he's being advised by friends, family, agents, or whatever to hold himself out if he thinks he could make an injury worse. I don't respect that, but I also don't think it's all that terrible. He's young and could just be listening to people he's close to.

Anyways, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. Passing on talent like this for perceived character issues (which are often overblown) tends to come back to bite you. You can't build a roster or idiots and thugs, but if he's just making stupid mistakes then I would be all for taking the chance.

being advised by agents

That would be a problem.

being advised by agents

That would be a problem.

If he got caught. But let's not act like it isn't happening all over the place.

Edited by KempBolt

i really do think him sitting out is a non-issue. I PRAY some ignorant team decides to not draft him and he falls to us where ever we are picking.

If he was available and we decide not to draft him, I might stop watching football all together...

i really do think him sitting out is a non-issue. I PRAY some ignorant team decides to not draft him and he falls to us where ever we are picking.

If he was available and we decide not to draft him, I might stop watching football all together...

You guys suck so much ass and all you want it is to keep bolstering the Dline? Dude.. it's time to draft some different positions if you want to take the next step. How about a DB that can cover?

• Upvote 1

I'm all for filing holes, but the draft is about adding talent. And it doesn't get any more talented then Clowney, especially since it's in the trenches.

Unless you're QB needy, it would be foolish to pass on Clowney for another position of greater need.

I get a Mario Williams vibe from Clowney. All the physical talent in the world, but the $$$ will always be #1 in his heart.

He'll get his Pro Bowl appearances, but there will always be questions/doubts that he ever played to his full potential.

• Upvote 1

Dmac loves dem dlineman.

It makes me laugh how many people are experts on the mind and psyche of Jadaveon Clowney. Not that I am criticizing anyone for having a "vibe" or a gut feeling, but there are tons of fans out there who have already written this guy off, who they've never met, based on perceived personality flaws.

It makes me laugh how many people are experts on the mind and psyche of Jadaveon Clowney. Not that I am criticizing anyone for having a "vibe" or a gut feeling, but there are tons of fans out there who have already written this guy off, who they've never met, based on perceived personality flaws.

THIS, x100000.

I'd draft him in a heart beat. I read that article before you even linked it here too Kemp. Good stuff.

And for some reason you know the mind and psyche of Jadaveon Clowney better? I haven't seen anyone completely write him off yet -- not saying those people don't exist. The questions have to be asked, though, as an NFL GM or scout. If they aren't, no matter what answers you get or what conclusion you come to, you aren't doing your job.

And for some reason you know the mind and psyche of Jadaveon Clowney better? I haven't seen anyone completely write him off yet -- not saying those people don't exist. The questions have to be asked, though, as an NFL GM or scout. If they aren't, no matter what answers you get or what conclusion you come to, you aren't doing your job.

No. I have no idea. So I just base it off what I see when he plays. And I've run into plenty of people who have decided they don't want him based on what they think is going on right now.

In their first two SEC games, Arkansas averaged 39 pass attempts. Against So Carolina (and Clowney), they had 13 despite being behind big all games. Teams are seeing to it that Clowney isn't beating them. But he's still changing games by forcing offenses to play a certain way.