Sign in to follow this  
theMileHighGuy

Panthers claim Tavarres King

So, the Broncos cut a promising linebacker to bring King up to the 53 to block him from going to the Packers, just to turn around and waive him again after the Pack signed someone. Basically give a 5th round pick to the Panthers trying to be sneaky or something... I guess they thought they could sneak him back onto the PS. I genuinely don't know this front office's thought process sometimes. Another wasted pick.

Anyway. Good for the Panthers. King has a ton of potential. He was one of the fastest receivers throughout training camp, it was just next to impossible to make the 53 at receiver for the Broncos. He was the heir apparent to AJ Green at Georgia, though obviously he hasn't achieved those same heights. Still, tons of upside, and a great move for the Panthers.

I hope he absolutely balls out for you guys.

Lmao.

Are the Broncos incredibly dense? I don't fault them at all for promoting him to the 53 man roster to keep him from Green Bay... You could tell King didn't want to go anywhere, he wants to be in Denver. And I would want the Packers to do the same for talented PS players... What I do have a problem with is them cutting him directly after we claim Chris Harper.

But it is a wildly popular opinion that they were shocked they were able to stash him on the PS to begin the season. Then the Packers come a knocking, to give him a spot on the 53.. You promote him to avoid that just to cut him and smuggle him on the PS again?

1) You are messing with a guys career when you do that. He had an opportunity to come in and make a difference in Green Bay with our injuries. When you promote him just to keep him from going elsewhere and then try cutting him again.. You are deliberately halting his progress in this league and that is sad.

2) The interest is and always has been there for King around the league. It isn't / wasn't just the Packers who were and have been interested in him. Broncos front office was kidding themselves if they were going to get him back on the PS. The fact that they got him on the PS to begin with may have been the only thing keeping from other teams signing him... Knowing the Broncos could just elevate him. Now that they cut him again, he is able to be picked up without the Broncos halting that process.

I, too, really hope King sets the league on fire. Dunno if he will... But I want the Broncos to regret this for the rest of time.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Wow.

Um. Awesome? What on earth were the Broncos thinking?

Yeah, really shitty for King. That is the business of the NFL though. I was pretty floored when I heard. Especially when you have fucking no good scrubs like Quentin Jammer, Paris Lenon, Omar Bolden, etc, just wasting space on your roster. I've said it before and Bronco fans hate me for it, but I don't like Elway as a GM. Anyone would have gone after Manning, anyone would've gone after Welker, and he got Manning on his Elway legend alone and Welker because of Manning.

He gave Joe Mays a 10 mil contract, traded a solid special teamer and developing corner for the worst Gronkowski brother, drafted his son's beer pong partner in the SECOND round over Foles, Wilson, and Cousins, drafted Ronnie Hillman too high, and his top two picks this year look like garbage in comparison to the other players at their positions. Now this holier-than-thou mess. I think things have just fallen into place that make him and Fox look better than they are. :shrug:

If they give King the playing time I think he'll find a place in that offense. I certainly hope he becomes a solid 1000 yard receiver at the very least.

Oh believe me, if he has anything, Carolina will give him a shot. We need another playmaker at WR.