Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Howard is better than Westbrook? LOL!

San Antonio has a better coach, huh? I won't dispute that point, but it didn't help them avoid getting backdoor swept in the 2012 WCF. Which featured a worse Thunder team than this year and a better Spurs team than this year.

Regarding Houston...who cares what the starting 5 is? What matters is the group that plays the most minutes, which is not a lineup that includes Perkins. OKC's best lineup trumps Houston's best lineup by a good distance both offensively and defensively. I can't wait to watch Parsons try to defend KD when he's at the 4. Or Lin/Harden/Beverly trying to defend Westbrook/Jackson/Lamb. I'm just giddy thinking about it.

Stop saying your team is untouchable. HOUSTON IS UNTOUCHABLE IN THE PLAYOFFS THOUGH.

FTFY.

PS: Sig bet?

I don't know what FTFY means, but I think it's worth a sig bet. We can keep it civil, either way, haha.

Why are we comparing a PG to a Center anyways? I would take Westbrook over Howard because he affects the game more. Center is a dying breed in the NBA anyways and Howard being the best center in the NBA is debatable right now.

Why are we comparing a PG to a Center anyways? I would take Westbrook over Howard because he affects the game more. Center is a dying breed in the NBA anyways and Howard being the best center in the NBA is debatable right now.

Westbrook doesn't affect the game more than Howard. Howard controls both sides of the floor.

And he's back healthy and as good or better than he ever was because he's got a more developed post game. Dwight Howard is, without a doubt, the best center in the league.

This isn't homer me. I thought he was done, and was worried about the signing, but all D12 done has prove me wrong.

Howard just camping in the paint affects both sides? Maybe on defense. But Howard is a garbage offensive player and gets by on height and athletic ability alone. He is absolute ass shooting FTs too.

Howard just camping in the paint affects both sides? Maybe on defense. But Howard is a garbage offensive player and gets by on height and athletic ability alone. He is absolute ass shooting FTs too.

Garbage offensive player?

Something tells me you haven't even see the guy play in several years.

I think the lack of centers makes Howard a lot more valuable if he returns to his old form. Even being diminished from what he was, he's still a top 10 player IMO.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think he's a top 10 player, too. I just don't think he's better than Westbrook.

If Daryl Morey moves any of Houston's 5 starters when trading Asik, I'm going to go ballistic. He better not trade Terrence Jones.

Guest Phailadelphia

I meant to ask you about that yesterday in the shoutbox...I've heard Terrance Jones name mentioned a few times in trade packages involving Asik. Are they seriously considering moving him?

The Portland Trailblazers are gonna have a field day offensively with our weak defense on the three point line. I'll crying on one eye and smiling with half my face. >_>

I meant to ask you about that yesterday in the shoutbox...I've heard Terrance Jones name mentioned a few times in trade packages involving Asik. Are they seriously considering moving him?

It's Morey. He did this to Carl Landry. I wouldn't doubt Jones goes now that he's balling.

I'll be furious, and probably refuse to watch Houston until after the All Star break, but it is what it is.

Daryl Morey is just as likely to hurt his team as he is to help it. I love his passion, but I don't believe in his theories.

My Rockets just lost to the Kings. Jesus Christ. They are not playing for Sampson like they did last year. Pisses me off.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think Houston players overrate their team. They haven't proven enough to coast through the regular season. They need to be getting better.

If a teams trades for Asik doesn't his contract balloon to 14 million? I read thats why the Cavs don't want him, but would do a 3 team deal.

Guest Phailadelphia

While strong rumbles persist that the Sixers are the team most likely to go along with such an arrangement, given the close ties between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and Philly counterpart Sam Hinkie, there’s fresh talk in circulation about another potential co-conspirator.

The Boston Celtics.

The advice offered us Sunday was stern: Keep an eye on Boston. The Celtics possess two players in different salary ranges that would presumably fit in useful ways next to Dwight Howard: Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. The Celts also have a spare first-round draft pick or two to plug into any trade equation to sweeten the deal for Houston, amid rising suspicions around the league that Morey’s Rockets are going to find a way to come out of the Asik saga with at least one future first.

The same Rockets who happen to have a GM (Morey) and coach (Kevin McHale) who have longstanding relationships with Celts president Danny Ainge.

So, yes, I’d say you should keep an eye on Boston.

If Houston is looking for a player to complement Dwight Howard then surely they must be shopping Terrance Jones?

While strong rumbles persist that the Sixers are the team most likely to go along with such an arrangement, given the close ties between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and Philly counterpart Sam Hinkie, there’s fresh talk in circulation about another potential co-conspirator.

The Boston Celtics.

The advice offered us Sunday was stern: Keep an eye on Boston. The Celtics possess two players in different salary ranges that would presumably fit in useful ways next to Dwight Howard: Jeff Green and Brandon Bass. The Celts also have a spare first-round draft pick or two to plug into any trade equation to sweeten the deal for Houston, amid rising suspicions around the league that Morey’s Rockets are going to find a way to come out of the Asik saga with at least one future first.

The same Rockets who happen to have a GM (Morey) and coach (Kevin McHale) who have longstanding relationships with Celts president Danny Ainge.

So, yes, I’d say you should keep an eye on Boston.

If Houston is looking for a player to complement Dwight Howard then surely they must be shopping Terrance Jones?

Which makes no sense. Howard and Jones have displayed excellent chemistry. They envelop every rebound, both block shots, and Jones is versatile enough on offense to not clog the paint but still score double digits.

What more could Morey actually want? The team has been on fire since TJones was inserted into the lineup.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Guest Phailadelphia

Wouldn't at all surprise me if Houston tries for someone like Jeff Green or Thaddeus Young on Wednesday and then packages one of those players with Terrance Jones at the trade deadline for...I have no idea. A stretch 4 of some kind. But I can see this happening.

Jeff Green would be a lot of fun in Houston, but is he big enough to fill Jones' role?

A lot of people say that Young is unequivocally better than Jones, but I think Jones is probably more consistent, and a better defender.

Morey can trade Asik for another bench piece but we've finally found a starting lineup that works and if he busts it up trying to fix what isn't broken I'm going to be absolutely livid. There's no point in trading Terrence Jones if you can't get a player who can complement Howard as well as Terrence does. I honestly don't know if Green or Young would, especially on the defensive end. I'm very intrigued by the prospect of Millsap, but I just don't expect that to happen.

Young makes a lot of sense. He is a good player signed to a okay team. He is able to hit jumpshots so he won't get in Howards way in the paint. Jeff Green is pretty much the same. Not sure why either the Cs or 6ers really want Asik.

Young makes a lot of sense. He is a good player signed to a okay team. He is able to hit jumpshots so he won't get in Howards way in the paint. Jeff Green is pretty much the same. Not sure why either the Cs or 6ers really want Asik.

I can pretty much guarantee that the 6ers want picks and they want to trade Hawes and Turner.Maybe Hinkie thinks he can flip Asik on draft day, idk.

Guest Phailadelphia

Saw an interesting stat today...Reggie Jackson is averaging 14.7 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.3 assists in 26.7 minutes. That's a far better stat line than KMart put up for OKC last season, and Reggie is doing it with less minutes on the floor.

Reginald is the real deal.