Sign in to follow this  
CampinWithaMissingPerson

Texans Owner Bob McNair to lead #1 pick decision

BeI4cBwCIAAcbWk.png

@Kevin_Hine Follow

Bob McNair will lead the process for picking at #1, according to Bill O'Brien.

BeI5ORFIcAE5gFp.png

http://fansided.com/2014/01/16/bill-obrien-houston-texans-long-way-deciding-1-pick/

So McNair is going a lil Jerry on the Texans here. Keep in mind Bob McNair is a South Carolina alum...

123013-CFB-South-Carolina-Jadeveon-Clown

God help the Texans. Owners getting too involved is never, ever a good thing.

I hate that Bud is gone, but the one good thing about Tommy Smith taking over is he's not butting his head in to all the decisions. He's letting Webster(GM) run the team. That's how it should be with every team.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Gotta say though, adding a guy with the potential of Clowney to a front seven that already has Watt...If Clowney reaches his potential and if Cushing can stay healthy...man, look out. Not a decision that the owner should be in on, but right now we have a few guys in the league who weren't first round picks or even first overall and are having a lot of success.

richard-sherman-.gif

All owners have at least some input on the draft picks. Shocking, I know...

This looks like sensationalism reporting to me. So he said he likes Clowney, who wouldn't like that athletic freak? It'd be more shocking news if he said he didn't like the guy.

If there's anything I've gathered from this "news" it's that the organization is putting out feelers by letting everyone know that they're willing to trade down, and they really like Clowney so you better sweeten the deal if you want a chance to get the guy. All in all unless they're just given the deal of the past century, they'll likely stay put and take a quarterback at #1 and we'll all laugh at this non-story.

Yeah could definitely be a "smoke screen." Plus, like said already, getting Clowney would still be a great pick. Elite prospect.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would love for Clowney to be in a Texans uniform. The only realistic scenario where I see that even happening is if the Texans trade something like their 2nd round pick to the Pats for Ryan Mallett.