Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Redskins extend DeAngelo Hall

Redskins re-signed CB DeAngelo Hall to a four-year contract.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal is worth "nearly $5 million per year." The important number will be how much is guaranteed, however. Going on 31 and never exactly the most consistent player, Hall likely isn't getting any guaranteed money beyond 2014. Playing on a one-year, $1.25 million deal last season, Hall started all 16 games for the fourth consecutive year, notching 78 tackles, four picks and three forced fumbles. He was the No. 84 (out of 110) cornerback in Pro Football Focus' ratings.

• Upvote 1

This is why the Redskins have no hope for the future.

He gets a decent amount of what I like to call the "fun stats." That being INTs and TDs. But he gets thrown at a decent amount and doesn't have a very high percentage of PDs and lets up a large number of completions. I think he would be a decent No2 CB, though that ranking suggests a middle of the pack No3/Nickel type CB.

With the amount of players in their secondary and linebacker core becoming free agents, and lack of a first round pick, it was crucial for them to get a couple of their players re-signed. I'd bet on Meriweather if another secondary man, and I could definitely see Orakpo and Rob Jackson from the LBs.