Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Lobbyist To Propose Legislation Banning Gay NFL Players

Washington lobbyist Jack Burkman on Monday said he is preparing legislation that would ban gay athletes from joining the National Football League (NFL).

Burkman in a statement said he has garnered political support for the bill, though his statement didn’t mention any specific lawmakers who are behind it.

”We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement. “Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

SportsIllustrated

Lol this guy. He claims he has a few people on/in the Capitol ready to co-sponsor the bill. Loser.

This is the same guy whose phone number was found on the "DC Madam's" list back in 2006. So apparently prostitution is okay, but having a gay athlete in the NFL is not.

• Upvote 2

I would love to see this list of politicians he has ready to commit political suicide by signing on to a very controversial measure that will never pass

• Upvote 1

I would love to see this list of politicians he has ready to commit political suicide by signing on to a very controversial measure that will never pass

I was thinking the same exact thing. Any politician daring to cross these waters better be prepared to be out of the political ring very soon. Although, there are a few concentrated areas of hatred that may give these guys a pass. I'd like to see who and where these folks are.

Even if this WAS passed. How would they enforce it? Instead of making players take the wonderlic they show them pics of naked guys?? Whoever gets a boner is booted from the draft?!? :shrug:

I was thinking the same exact thing. Any politician daring to cross these waters better be prepared to be out of the political ring very soon. Although, there are a few concentrated areas of hatred that may give these guys a pass. I'd like to see who and where these folks are.

I don't know, I think even in those areas a political opponent could spin this as interfering with a private business and get enough people pissed off

DC Solar Solution, a California company that paid him $30,000 in the fourth quarter of 2013, told TIME Tuesday it was severing ties. “DC solar does not condone or support Mr. Burkman’s homophobic views, and since learning about his misguided efforts to write legislation banning gay athletes from the NFL, we have ended our relationship with him,”

30k for one quarter, from one company. I need to become a dirtball lobbyist.