Sign in to follow this  
Flynnatic10

Jets release Mark Sanchez, sign Michael Vick

More then likely, Vick will outplay Geno for the starting job. Vick was a class act for the Eagles with Nick Foles taking his job so I'm glad he has another opportunity to start.

Its a good move signing Vick, they probably signed him up for the backup role to push Geno, but if Geno can't do it, he's more then capable of at least making the Jets offense interesting to watch.

:rofl:

There are apparently a ton of people who still think Michael Vick is starting NFL QB caliber. Only if the Jets want to up their turnovers.

So who wears #7? :think:

Everyone knew the question was coming.
It finally did toward the end of Michael Vick's 18-minute conference call Friday night introducing him as the new Jets' new quarterback.
Who gets No. 7?
Vick has worn the number throughout his college and NFL career. But on the Jets, Geno Smith—the man Vick will battle for the starting quarterback spot—had it first.
"Yeah, Geno's gonna wear No. 7," Vick said. "I'm changing my number."
Vick added that he was "undecided" as to which number he'd choose but said he would make up his mind "within the next week."
How about Mark Sanchez's old No. 6? As Jane McManus of ESPN New York noted, that would mean Rex Ryan could keep his tattoo.

Its a good move signing Vick, they probably signed him up for the backup role to push Geno, but if Geno can't do it, he's more then capable of at least making the Jets offense interesting to watch.

Exactly. I still believe this is Geno's job to lose. If he can come into the season and play the way he was toward the end of 2012 he will have nothing to worry about.

I like the move though because if Geno does start to do bad and we feel like we actually have a legit team that could make the playoffs and quarterback play is holding us back....Vick is capable of taking the reigns.

Also the fact that Sanchez is finally cut and no longer a Jet...feels like a giant cloud has cleared from over me.

Michael Vick's critics petitioning to ban him from SUNY Cortland, home of Jets training camp
Anwar S. Richardson, Shutdown Corner
New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick might be able to escape a pass rush, but he will never be able to shake his criminal history.
When the Jets signed Vick this offseason, most NFL observers focused on his quarterback battle with Geno Smith. However, many will never forget the horrific details which prompted Vick to plead guilty to a federal dog fighting conspiracy charge in 2007. He served 19 months in prison, and lost millions.
Now there is a petition to ban Vick from SUNY Cortland’s campus, where the Jets will hold training camp this summer. The Jets have held training camp at SUNY Cortland every season since 2009, except for the lockout year in 2011.
So far, the petition has nearly 3,000 supporters.
Here is the explanation of the petition:
I love SUNY Cortland, and cannot abide welcoming this sociopath onto our campus with open arms. We need to stand by what is right as a university by barring him from the grounds. I don't want him anywhere near my beloved college or community. We MUST send the message that we won't be party to the torture of animals by conveniently forgetting what he has done. If we welcome Vick onto our campus, we are complicit in his crimes.

Full Article: Michael Vick's critics petitioning to ban him from SUNY Cortland, home of Jets training camp | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

seriously? let it go, yes, the dog fighting ring Vick was involved in was despicable, but he served his time for it

I really can't take anyone serious that still brings up Vick's dogfighting charges.

Weren't a big deal to begin with. Still aren't now, especially after he served his bullshit time.

• Upvote 2