Sign in to follow this  
Jordan629

3 Round Mock (w/ explanations in 1st rd)

Really hope the Bears dont pick Gilbert.

• Upvote 1

Yea, like the other Bucs fans have said here, I wouldn't be too happy with Matthews. Dotson is one of the best RT's in the NFL and we just signed Anthony Collins to a solid contract and expect him to start at LT.

In this scenario, I'd take Mike Evans. With Mike Williams gone now, we have no one behind V-Jax.

Teams always have players at positions. The Panthers let go all their WRs. Avant and Cotchery are far from #1 receivers. It's more then a stretch to even call them #2 receivers. Situational depth receivers at best. I think it's pretty safe to say they have almost nothing at receiver. Those aging 30 and over guys are going to need younger play makers to open up opportunities for them.

Disagree entirely, I suppose.

Cotchery has been underrated his whole career, I believe Zack would back me up on this.

Avant is a possession guy, sure, but weren't you the one who was linking him being top-5 in yards or something in the shoutbox?

My point is, we get one big dude in the draft, and our WR corps is suddenly better than it was last year.

That was over a period of time; a span of years. All I'm saying is that the free agents Carolina picked up are complimentary guys and need other guys around them in order for them to be effective because they aren't starter material. As it stands right now, if the season were to start, the Panthers would have nothing at receiver. Add some other guys around them and it allows the older receivers to play comfortably in their role positions and be effective.

We would have two proven veterans that are able to be #3s, and we'd have three young guys that we have no idea how they would work out.

Avant maybe be a proven #3 guy at one point but take it from a guy who's been watching him for his whole career, he's declining, and fast. But he's a good locker room guy that should help your young WR corps in that area. As for on-field production, maybe I'll be wrong but he just doesn't have a lot left in the tank. He was never a big YAC guy but he'd catch and try to make a cut and it was like watching a guy try to run out of quick sand. That being said I've always liked the dude so I hope he has a good year.

Yea, like the other Bucs fans have said here, I wouldn't be too happy with Matthews. Dotson is one of the best RT's in the NFL and we just signed Anthony Collins to a solid contract and expect him to start at LT.

In this scenario, I'd take Mike Evans. With Mike Williams gone now, we have no one behind V-Jax.

I'd say you could bounce Collins inside at guard since he's played it before but who knows if he'd even like that.

But like I said I wasn't exactly set on my Matthews pick either. I plan on making another mock before the draft and I'm sure that's one pick that'll change.

Edited by Jordan629

I'd be happy with Lee, Van Noy and Brooks.