Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Bowe Bergdahl a traitor or POW?

People are fallible. Let's wait and find out if what's being said about him is true. And are we really just going to call people credible sources just because they serve in our military? I've met a lot of hateful, dumb as shit fuckers who wear the uniform. Like I said before, I'm waiting for the details and definitive facts before I pass judgment.

I tend to believe the people who've accused him of deserting, too, but by God what happened to fairly investigating a scenario? He will not and should not be tried in the court of public opinion.

People are fallible. Let's wait and find out if what's being said about him is true. And are we really just going to call people credible sources just because they serve in our military? I've met a lot of hateful, dumb as shit fuckers who wear the uniform. Like I said before, I'm waiting for the details and definitive facts before I pass judgment.

I tend to believe the people who've accused him of deserting, too, but by God what happened to fairly investigating a scenario? He will not and should not be tried in the court of public opinion.

The fact that the man sent home his Uniform which is almost sacred to his parents with an email saying that "He was ashamed to be an American", 'These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid.' "I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting."

This is on top of the fact that I am good friends with two people who probably know a bit more about the guy than most. One of which was a team leader under Berghdahl and the other was a guy who was on a QRF with Bergdahl. Both say he is one of those guys that went over there and was just constantly berating the military saying that is he was stupid to have enlisted and was counting down until his ETS date. He went on to say that what we were doing over there is wrong and that he thought it was bullshit how we treated those people.

Match this with the statements he has said in e-mails, and all of the pictures where you see no undernourishment, and then in the photograph with his dog tags he is sitting on what appears to be a prayer rug. Doing the math on that and they would not have let him do that, he is on equal footing with his captors. The fact that he is not bagged and gagged in the picture of him in the mountains also seems that something is up. Does anybody here want to believe they would have let him trek through the mountains with all of his senses finding hideouts, camps, frequented trails and routes of egress, only to give him back ? They knew he would say nothing or they would have killed him or blindfolded him.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

This seems to be a real-life Homeland episode. >_> Ha. Not to make light of the situation at all... But ya, and again without being educated on the subject... There HAS to be something he knows or is perceived to know that we (read:government) want. Otherwise I don't really understand why they would all of a sudden feel okay trading five for one.

And again, I don't want to sound crass... Because I do value each individual life, but the whole thing just REALLY puzzles me. I should just stop being lazy and actually read into it more. But I am also kind of afraid of what I will (or won't) find.

He may get over 300k in cold hard cash after this all done.