Sign in to follow this  
KempBolt

Your All Overrated Team

Isn't DVOA close to a "+/-" stat?

RPM and DVOA are pretty similar. I think DVOA and DYAR together = RPM. DVOA is equivalent to a player's value per play, and DYAR is a player's total value to his team and is probably better for comparing two players.

If I had a choice between a top-five QB and the #1 WR, give me the QB every time. It's the most important position on a football team, and it's a lot harder to find a legitimate franchise QB than it is to find a superstar WR. Besides, the best QBs don't need superstar WRs in order to be productive and help their teams win games. On the other hand, the best WRs still suffer if their QB isn't very good (ex.: Larry Fitzgerald). The best WRs need franchise QBs more than franchise QBs need superstar WRs.

Offensive skill positions

QB

:Seahawks: Russell Wilson - This kid is an amazing talent, very efficient, makes good decisions with the ball and makes the plays he needs to make. He does everything that he's asked to do and you really can't ask anything more from your QB. However, I just see Wilson (especially after the Superbowl win) being elevated into a group of QBs that I don't believe he belongs in; the elite category. I think a lot of QBs could perform while on that Seahawks team with Marshawn Lynch carrying the load and that elite defense creating turnovers and giving the offense the ball back in enemy territory. Again, can't take anything away from the kid because he does what he's asked to do, I'm not sure that I see him carrying his team like other elite QBs being the focal point of the offense and passing as much as the other guys. Wilson has a lot of support that a lot of people don't account for when defending him. Great and talented QB though. Just not in elite category yet for me.

RB

:Texans: Arian Foster - Great zone block running scheme and all he has in his move arsenal is that one cut; a one cut back. He does however have good vision and patience which makes him perfect for that scheme but after that crease, he does do much after contact. He's a very good RB but I think the system attributes to his production. Can't argue with his production but I like a lot of other RBs over him and think they are more skilled.

WR

:Jets: Eric Decker - Peyton

:Bears: Ashlon Jeffrey - Very talented receiver and I'm looking forward to seeing him in year 3. However, I'm seeing him in top 10 list after one very good year when he has Brandon Marshall on the other side garnering all types of coverage and Matte Forte in the back field. He undoubtedly benefited from Marshall's presence and I'm seeing him being rated above Marshall which is insanity. He made some electric plays down the field and you can't take that away from him but it's too soon to anoint him as a top 10 WR especially when he was somewhat of a beneficiary of Marshall.

TE

:Broncos: Julius Thomas - He's a nice talent but I believe Peyton made him a lot more effective.

Edited by Dutch

100% agree with Kruger and Tate. I see Terrence West taking over in short fashion.

100% agree with Kruger and Tate. I see Terrence West taking over in short fashion.

:lol: Not a West fan as well I see? Good thing for him though is your OL is decent. I like West as a receiver out the back field and on off tackle/outside running stuff but I think he's atrocious up the middle. They need to let my boy Isaiah Crowell eat :rock: Dion Lewis got potential as a receiving back as well.

Pretty self-explanatory. I'll just mention that I'm thinking overrated in terms of general consensus opinion on a guy (rather than just the TGP take on him). This should stir up some hard feelings :devious: .

1st Team: Dannell Ellerbe :dolphins: A great run during the 2012 playoffs brought on star status and a ridiculous 5 year 35M contract for a pretty middling player.

2nd Team: Cortland Finnegan :dolphins: At one time a very effective man corner, Finnegan's play fell off a cliff last year.

Oh, the hard feelings abound...jackass :troll:

In all honesty I agree with the Ellerbe pick. I do think he's talented, but he absolutely benefited more from timing than talent in regards to his current contract. And while I can't rule out Finnegan, I haven't really heard an excessive amount of hype about him this year, so I'm not sure how it makes him overrated. Maybe I just haven't been watching enough news lately. In his defense, he was hurt last year, wasn't he? I also mentioned in another thread that the Phins are more likely in need of his perimeter tackling ability (a la 2012) than they are of whatever ball skills he has left (if any). I think he will fill his role better than some people think.