Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

£49 mill for Sterling Lolmancity.

Though this now means that I'm sure Liverpool and Rodgers will send 25-30 mill Southamptons way for Schinederling.

£49 mill for Sterling Lolmancity.

Though this now means that I'm sure Liverpool and Rodgers will send 25-30 mill Southamptons way for Schinederling.I love

I love it we made out like bandits. Stupid move by Raheem. Hope he rots on the bench like the rest of their young English talent.

One of my favorite players moving to ManU scum. Ugh

Not heard anything yet but Tbh considering the fact that the Jags have a pretty big fan club over here. Khan has ties here with Fulham FC I wouldn't be slightly surprised if it was them who end up coming to London.

Spurs are going to have a second pitch under the soccer one just for NFL games. They will try to make a move I think.

Nah, rumor was bullshit like most English rumors.

https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ/status/620595832182673408

Khan views the new Tottenham site as competition (given he owns fellow London club, Fulham) and doesn't want the Jags to play NFL games there. Looks like he only wants them playing at Wembley and if he does build a new stadium for the Cottagers then I imagine he might think about making it able to host Jags games.

As oochy says I highly doubt that an NFL team ever permanently plays in London. His reasons are a huge part, but also legal stuff like how the NFL Draft is illegal under U.K. law. The tax issue, being whichever team sets up shop there is throwing massive amounts of money away to the U.K. government, and any player signing there is doing the same. You fuck with someone's money and that's where the line is drawn and that's why I think it'll never happen.

Also, London doesn't even want their own NFL team, or the Jaguars:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/10/8928559/nfl-london-tottenham-jacksonville-jaguars

I love it we made out like bandits. Stupid move by Raheem. Hope he rots on the bench like the rest of their young English talent.

One of my favorite players moving to ManU scum. Ugh

In regards taking players from Southampton you really have been lol. What 4-5 players in the last season and a half kinda make you raiders.

Sterling will actually get games at City and he will either progress into the player we thought he would or just plateau.

In regards taking players from Southampton you really have been lol. What 4-5 players in the last season and a half kinda make you raiders.

Sterling will actually get games at City and he will either progress into the player we thought he would or just plateau.

Not sure what you're saying here. If you're making fun of Liverpool for raiding Southampton and still sucking, then I agree with you.

We'll see what happens with Sterling. He benefited from Suarez big time.

• Upvote 1

with that Canada/El Salvadore draw yesterday it looks like Panama will get out of the group stage on three draws and we'll be playing one of El Salvadore, Cuba, or Guatemala Saturday

Not sure what you're saying here. If you're making fun of Liverpool for raiding Southampton and still sucking, then I agree with you.

We'll see what happens with Sterling. He benefited from Suarez big time.

Yes, yes I did. Watching this was glorious.

Liverpool will meet Christian Benteke’s £32.5million Aston Villa exit clause as they close in on the signing of their number one summer transfer target.

Seeing sources all over the place saying a deal is imminent.

Not sure how I feel about this one. He doesn't fit Rodgers' usual preferred style of a forward, but I think Benteke is pretty versatile so he may be OK. He always shits on us when we play Villa so we gained an advantage in that regard. We've got some good playmakers in the midfield feeding him the ball so I'm staying optimistic. I won't be surprised if he falls flat on his face tho

I'm pretty disgusted that we got Raheem Sterling.

Waste of money.

• Upvote 1

BJORN is going to be extremely shook once he sees this.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33571351

Think its just BS lol

Edit: word on twitter is that Benteke is having a medical at Anfield today!

Edited by BJORN

Not bullshit Delph is very close to signing for City today. He has had his medical already, he's going and I'll take back my praise of him.

Not bullshit Delph is very close to signing for City today. He has had his medical already, he's going and I'll take back my praise of him.

yeah just saw the video of him leaving the medical. SMFH!!!!!!

LMAO. Suck a dick BJORN.

City will prevail. Always :smug:

Didn't prevail last year, Delph won't change that either.

Didn't prevail last year, Delph won't change that either.

This Delph is progressing well but he's not world class. City needed a few more english players for the home grown rule. That's pretty much the only reason they went for him Tbh.

Hearing Benteke is having a medical in London today and is set to join Liverpool tomorrow. People speculate that he won't fit in there but I truly believe he can fit any system. The one issue with him is that he can be lazy at times and is often caught offsides. That could become a problem if he is paired with Balotelli, who has the same problems.

Doesn't the MLS have a wage cap though like the big 4 pro sports? If so it's really no different to the QB gettting all the money. Gerrard is the QB of the Galaxy.

Doesn't the MLS have a wage cap though like the big 4 pro sports? If so it's really no different to the QB gettting all the money. Gerrard is the QB of the Galaxy.

MLS salaries are weird and I don't fully understand it, each team gets a certain number of "designated players" whose salaries don't fully count toward the cap, what's weird there is that three players are collectively making about three times what the other five are making, also underscores how little most MLS players make with 24 players splitting just over $3M, that's around $130k, which is tiny in the realm of sports

also, proportionally this would be the equivalent of a QB getting over $43M based on this year's NFL cap, which is about twice the current largest salary

Brad Guzan is officially on my shit list :censored: