Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

lmao that picture.

I'd be cool with Leicester or Spurs winning it. As long as it's not the three scumbags of the league (Man Shitty, Chelshit, and ManU scum).

Top 4 (Champions League) projections

CgcG7YuWIAASfN8.jpg

Title Projection

CgWqGFxWwAImWL5.jpg

Spurs must win 3 of final 4, if they win out they're actually favorites to win. Lester prob just needs to win 2, so Swansea this weekend and Everton in their stadium should be wins for them if they can't beat Man U and Chelsea away.

Spurs need to win out pretty much still. No title in 61 years doe...

Yea it's mad to see that there is a close title race but it is between Leicester and Spurs.

Tbh the premiership needed an injection like this from two teams no one would expect to win go and win it. Add to the fact that teams such as West Ham, Southampton and Stoke are now at a level to contest. It just gets better and better

I'm sure I'm the only one who watches USL Pro games, but I've got a team in town that has a great supporters group, anyway we lost yesterday on the most bullshit penalty I've ever seen, best I can do for video is post the whole game from youtube (the Kickers posted it on twitter last night with a caption "you be the judge" but seem to have deleted the tweet) skip to about the 2:10 mark:

Yeah that was a slip/player going down for sure. Bad PEN call.

Eden Hazard: "We don’t want Tottenham to win the Premier League - the fans, the club and the players."

These fucks are gonna field a garbage side in the last game against Lester if it comes down to it to give them the title over Spurs. Watch. Trash ass club.

Yeah that was a slip/player going down for sure. Bad PEN call.

These fucks are gonna field a garbage side in the last game against Lester if it comes down to it to give them the title over Spurs. Watch. Trash ass club.

It's a London Rivalry so honestly, I wouldn't actually expect anything less. However I don't think it will matter as I think that Leicester win the league at Old Trafford.

Leicester City wins. 5000-1 odds.

Want to realise how good an achievement Leicester City winning the league is, here is a reminder.

In 2002 Leicester were almost out of business as a league one club (English 3rd tier) they were saved by Gary Lineker

In 08-09 they won league one

In 13-14 they won the Championship

In 14-15 they managed to get a run of 8 games undefeated to stay in the premiership by 3 points

In 15-16 they sacked the manager who kept them up, brought in Claudio Ranieri who has been known as a 2nd best tinker manager, (Was sacked by Roman Abramovich who felt he couldn't bring Chelsea a title) Win the premier league with 3 games to go.

Also to add they did it spending only 23 million.

This story along side some of the players who have been brought in is unbelieable but by fair the best thing that could happen to the EPL

Edited by Bangy

I'll be honest I like how Huth plays, aggressive as fuck and not afraid to put a challenge in.

Unless your a Spurs fan everyone in England wanted Leicester to win the league. Spurs are the most hated club in England.

I'll be honest I like how Huth plays, aggressive as fuck and not afraid to put a challenge in.

Unless your a Spurs fan everyone in England wanted Leicester to win the league. Spurs are the most hated club in England.

Plus the draw was perfect for Saints as it means Chelsea can't surpass Southampton on points, only way they can take 8th is on goal difference now in which Saints are +8.

Edited by Bangy

Dembele looking at a long assed suspension after is eye rake/gauge attempt on Costa.

Edited by Bangy

Good. Spuds players were playing dirty. Chelsea wasn't much better, but Spuds were just disgraceful.

and in terms of the on field play...

ChevCYEUUAEEdjV.jpg

:fbm:

Outplaying the other team and tying plagued this club this year, otherwise they're easily champs. They're the youngest team in the league though, still learning, still getting used to playing big matches like this. They've never been here before but have enough class players and a decent manager it seems to come right back and do the same next year. We'll see how Champions League goes though :lol: That's a whole 'nother animal. Gonna have to make some signings that's for sure to rotate.

Dembele looking at a long assed suspension after is eye rake/gauge attempt on Costa.

Everyone knows about Costa, so I can only imagine what he did/said or both etc. to get Moose to do that which he's never been known to do. :lol: It just seemed like Chelsea were pissed at Spurs being better than them for once and they just started getting rough and Spurs being young and dumb fought back and in the end got fooled.

Also I gotta disagree with Spurs being most hated club in England. They aren't even a "top club" how can they be the most hated? Before this year and a couple Redknapp years with van der Vaart, Bale, Modric etc. Spurs were just a joke. They always choked. Never made top 4. So I dunno how they could be most hated,they were most laughed at if anything. I mean you do live there but I know folks who live there too, they disagree say diff top clubs are the most hated :shrug:

Edited by CampinWithTheGawdCaldwell

Aston Villa got taken over by Dr. Tony Xia. According to Stan Collymore, his net worth is around $27billion. Xia has said he wants to get us back in the premier league and competing in the top 6. He also hopes to make AVFC the most popular club in China. The dream?

We will apparently have $40m to spend this summer.

:notbad:

Edited by BJORN

That could be interesting to see, China is a huge up tapped market for football teams to get into. Be interesting to see who they can attract.

So United claim 5th, Southampton progress for a 6th straight year and Liverpool aren't in Europe next season :troll:

tumblr_o7rrqwJxYZ1u929uoo1_250.gif

I could watch that all day

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 2