Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

Even still there is no way on this earth that he is valued at the same amount as Mario Balotelli, love how he also took #23. The two players of epicfail that took that number in the past were Niklas Bendtner and Andry Arshavin.

You're gonna have to overpay to get a player you're in desperate need of from a big rival. I'm fine with the pricetag, I'd much rather have Welbeck than having to continue watch Yaya Sanogo falling down for 80+ minutes a game whenever he gets the ball.

• Upvote 1

Euro Cup Qualifying started today.

Germany over Scotland 2-1 and Portland decimates Gibraltar 7-0. :megusta:

Thank god soccer is back tomorrow, I'm saved from watching hours of college football blow outs. Arsenal has a home game vs Man City, gonna be a big early season test for us. Real Madrid taking on Atletico, I'll def be watching that one as well.

And the group stage of the CL starts Tuesday. :rock:

• Upvote 1

Rooting for Hull as my favorite team but Manchester City is quickly becoming my "good" team to root for.

Nice bounce back win for Arsenal after that butt kicking we received from Dortmund (the 2-0 score really doesn't do it justice, we got absolutely dominated by Dortmund).

Ozil has been in terrible form to start the year, but he had a great game today. He played a more central attacking role which he's much better suited for than the wings. Our defense is still very shaky, don't think it's championship caliber. Got bailed out by Woj on another set piece that should've been a goal. Mertesacker is just so slow and lackadaisical, Arteta the DM absolutely S-U-C-K-S. He can't challenge anyone without fouling, is so ridiculously slow and immobile, provides nothing to the attack. Somehow he's the captain though, have no clue how that happened. Koscielny is really solid, I like him.

Hope Man City gets a result vs Chelsea tomorrow, it's still early but don't want them getting too big of a lead.

I'm a big fan of Ozil which stems back to his WC 2010 days when he first burst onto the scene so I enjoyed seeing him play well on Saturday regardless of him doing it in an Arsenal shirt.

I think the Top 3 is pretty much set this season. City and Chelsea will fight for the title, Arsenal will get 3rd, and 4th is up for grabs between United, Liverpool...maybe Tottenham and Everton.

Typical of Villa to have a 4 minute meltdown and concede 3 goals in that time span. Though we were missing key starters due to a flu going around. Apparently, our training ground has been put under quarantine :yao:

Chelsea and Man City up next :eek:

ManU, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Everton playing like assholes. ManU lost to Leicester City by 2 goals... :lol:

Yeah we all suck at the moment. No one stands out to me as the clear cut favorite for 4th.

Can't wait for Arsenal to whoop on Tottenham tomorrow :devious:

How many goals do you think we'll win by, Campin and Arz? :think::smug:

Edited by BradyFan81

Can't wait for Arsenal to whoop on Tottenham tomorrow :devious:

How many goals do you think we'll win by, Campin and Arz? :think::smug:

WRONG

I am actually happy with the point against you guys last week tbh, we played a counter attacking game and despite our focus on defending most of that game. We were unlucky to concede late for the quality of defending we produced.

I hope that Tottenham win tomorrow as it will make my life in Southampton a hell of a lot easier.

• Upvote 1

Arsenal's played the hardest schedule in the league so far so I'm not too worried about us sitting at 7th in the table, our next 3 games should all be wins, no reason for us not to get 9 points from them. The Ozil injury hurts but at least we'll be getting Walcott back soon. It's pretty clear Chelsea is gonna win the league so I'm just hoping for top 4.

United looks to have found their form though, Southampton are good again, Liverpool will be there all year. Tottenham is in the mix as well. It's going to be a real fight for the 3rd and 4th spots.

Arsenal played horribly vs Anderlecht today but scored 2 goals after the 90th minute to steal it. Still frustrating though, we should not be struggling that badly vs a much less talented team. And that was coming off a disappointing draw at home vs Hull.

We just don't look like a very scary team to play against right now. Not confident in us securing a top 4 spot in the Prem at all.

Villa: 5 games without a goal

:yao:

Sad to say it but I'm glad I miss most matches due to work.

Edited by BJORN

^don't worry Liverpool suck too.

Benteke is back in the mix right?

Yeah but he looks rusty