Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Your Team's Pro Prospects

This thread is essentially meant to highlight your college team's pro prospects. I'll divide them into 3 categories: Sure Draft Picks, Sure Camp Invites, and Under the Radar Prospects:

North Dakota State University Bison

Sure Draft Picks:

It was hard to pretend that any player on this roster is a surefire draft pick, but there's two on the defense who I think will garner enough interest to secure a 4th to 7th round pick: FS Christian Dudzik. Dudzik is a sub 4.4 speedster with fantastic coverage and tackling ability, and to top that off, he's a great returner in special teams. I think he finds himself getting a phone call on day three of the draft. DE Kyle Emmanuel. Emmanuel doesn't have great size, but his athletic ability and speed will have him on pass-rush draft boards and I expect some team to take a chance on him, late. His upside is fantastic, and he shows up big in big games, terrorizing Sam Richardson in Ames in week 1.

Sure Camp Invites:

Being a FCS program, NDSU is more likely to have draft invitees over draft picks, and there's quite a few on this roster, in my opinion. RB John Crockett. Crockett would be a definite draft pick if running back was still a valued position. He's got speed, power, moves (want proof, check out his 80 yard TD run versus ISU and you'll see an absolutely sick cut move), and he finds the endzone when his team needs it. Crockett is pretty good catching passes out of the backfield, as well. SS Colton Heagle. Heagle would be a sure pick if I knew he had the speed to play in the NFL. He's a tackling machine who has single-handedly controlled fantastic rushing attacks throughout the FCS. He's not the turnover producer Dudzik is, but he's pretty much a guaranteed tackle if the ball carrier is anywhere near him. I think NDSU has two senior Safeties who will be playing on Sundays, next year. MLB Carlton Littlejohn. Littlejohn is a sure tackler with sideline to sideline speed. He's an absolute playmaker with the kinds of skills and smarts necessary for an NFL level MLB, but he is absolutely a long shot.

Under the Radar Prospects:

There are a handful of NDSU players with pro potential, but only one senior who I think is a long shot with huge upside. OLB Travis Beck. Beck was the FCS National Championship game MVP as a redshirt freshman out of tiny Munich, North Dakota (a mere 80 miles from my hometown, about thirty minutes past the ends of the Earth, in the same Zip Code as Hell). Beck has tremendous speed that allows him to cover great TEs (took ISU's All American TE out of the game in week 1, shut down SIU's sure draft pick TE MyCole Pruitt last week). All things considered, Beck sounds like a sure thing to at least have a special teams shot in the NFL, but he has one huge red flag--a ravaged shoulder. Beck may be forced to forego his potential and hang up the cleats at the end of this season. NFL teams might offer him camp invites, but nobody's going to draft him, imo. Not from an FCS school. Not with a shoulder that sounds like it's damaged beyond healing.

This coming draft: Edwin Jackson, OLB (not a shitty Cubs pitcher). Seems like he's in on every single play.

On the team: Sophomore RB Matt Breida, who wants to Breida very best like no one ever was. Well on track to be first team all Sun Belt. Capable of a huge run on any given play.

Shane Ray is a God among men.

Joey Bosa, Michael Bennett spring to mind really quick.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Raekwon develop into one of the top LBs in the country. Barrett might have that upside, but he has a lot of things to improve.