Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Midseason MVP Candidates?

I disagree. Romo statistically matched Rodgers. Big Ben is also in the discussion. You can make a case for Big Ben or Romo being the best QB this year.

With Watt, there is no one even in the same stratosphere as him at his position, or any position on the defensive side of the ball for that matter.

It's stunning to me that real football fans can be okay with Watt getting shafted like this. I guess it's not surprising though, with the way the NFL promotes offense at every point now..

Romo wasn't anywhere near as valuable to his team as Rodgers was to his. It's pretty clear that there is a strong correlation between the amount of workload he's been asked to carry this season compared to years past, and the massive increase in his efficiency.

He's been great this year, but I would disagree with anyone who thinks Romo should really bee in this conversation.

Also, I have no issue with Watt winning. I'm all for it, but not because I think he's the MVP. And he certainly would not be shafted if he didn't win it. There's an award for great defensive performances.

Romo wasn't anywhere near as valuable to his team as Rodgers was to his. It's pretty clear that there is a strong correlation between the amount of workload he's been asked to carry this season compared to years past, and the massive increase in his efficiency.

He's been great this year, but I would disagree with anyone who thinks Romo should really bee in this conversation.

Also, I have no issue with Watt winning. I'm all for it, but not because I think he's the MVP. And he certainly would not be shafted if he didn't win it. There's an award for great defensive performances.

I feel like you would have been one of those people who said LT didn't deserve MVP the year he won it.

LT had over 2300 yards from scrimmage, 31 TDs, etc. He had more TDs then Drew Brees himself. AP on the other hand...

Wrong LT

Dan Marino was pretty sick that year... Although it doesn't matter because his team was like .500... Hmm, interesting parallels. Amazing player on a better team takes the award from an amazing individual performance whose team struggled.

Never been so sure Aaron was winning MVP until this precise moment. :smug:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Aaron Rodgers led all passers in 2014 posting +188.4 NEP and an additional +25.9 on the ground. That ranks as the 10th best passing season since 2000 and the seventh best overall production by any single player. Rodgers should be the MVP.

Peyton Manning was the No. 2 passer and producer this season at +167.5 passing NEP and -11.8 rushing NEP, good for 27th best since 2000. Manning posted his record 12th season with over +100 passing NEP.

The Houston Texans own the top opponent-adjusting pass defense in the NFL at -42.2 NEP. They prevented (or scored) six touchdowns compared to expectation. Overall, though, this Texans defense ranks just 67th historically since 2000. It just goes to show that passing continues to dominate the NFL, and defenses are struggling to keep up.

Aaron Rodgers led all passers in 2014 posting +188.4 NEP and an additional +25.9 on the ground. That ranks as the 10th best passing season since 2000 and the seventh best overall production by any single player. Rodgers should be the MVP.

Peyton Manning was the No. 2 passer and producer this season at +167.5 passing NEP and -11.8 rushing NEP, good for 27th best since 2000. Manning posted his record 12th season with over +100 passing NEP.

The Houston Texans own the top opponent-adjusting pass defense in the NFL at -42.2 NEP. They prevented (or scored) six touchdowns compared to expectation. Overall, though, this Texans defense ranks just 67th historically since 2000. It just goes to show that passing continues to dominate the NFL, and defenses are struggling to keep up.

Good thing everyone knows wtf this obscure NEP shit is.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/01/nfl-2014-statistical-trends-passing-offense/

Edited by Zack_of_Steel