BLUE

Cardale Jones returning to Ohio State

Per Rotoworld.com:

Ohio State redshirt sophomore QB Cardale Jones announced that he will return to campus in 2015.
Jones made a couple interesting comments at his press conference, telling reporters that HC Urban Meyer had given him no assurances that he would be the starter in 2015, and labeling his odds of going in Round 1 as "slim," a refreshingly realistic assessment of one's own standing. Had he declared for the draft, Rotoworld's Josh Norris would have ranked Jones as the class' No. 3 QB over UCLA's Brett Hundley and Baylor's Bryce Petty. The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder, who combines a gigantic frame with a big arm, good feet, and a willingness to drop his shoulder as a runner, shares attributes with signal-callers from Daunte Culpepper and JaMarcus Russell to Cam Newton and Ben Roethlisberger. He probably would have been a middle-rounder had he declared. A huge 2015 could get him into the top-10, however. The Buckeyes now return the most loaded three-deep QB depth chart in the history of college sport, with Jones set to fight J.T. Barrett and Braxton Miller for starting honors. Jan 15 - 4:27 PM
Ohio State redshirt sophomore QB Cardale Jones told Sports Illustrated that he had an opportunity "to be picked in the second or third round of the 2015 draft."
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Jones announced he would return to school on Thursday. Had he entered the draft, Jones would have gone head-to-head with Brett Hundley to become the class' No. 3 QB. Rotoworld would have sided with Jones. "The NFL has always been my goal and dream," Jones said. "It’s literally right there in front of me, but I also have a goal to graduate. I dedicated to myself and teammates and coaching staff to be the best student-athlete I can be and to graduate." Jones has been given no assurances that he'll start in 2015, but he'll be the starter in spring practices because both J.T. Barrett and Braxton Miller are rehabbing injuries. "It’s simple," Jones said of the three-way battle. "The best guy is going to play. Whoever works the hardest and gains the trust will lead the team. They’re going to play whoever they feel gives the team the best chance to win." Jan 15 - 4:55 PM

he has a goal to graduate? I thought he came to school to play football, not to play school

He just led his team to the Super Bowl of football, give him a break.

• Upvote 1

Yea this is stupid. He should of left.

Eh...