Sign in to follow this  
Will Fairfax

Redskins Mount Rushmore

hard to not see Riggo on the mountain, but I'm not sure who I'd replace with him

• Upvote 1

hard to not see Riggo on the mountain, but I'm not sure who I'd replace with him

Yeah, and the only guy I would even think of swapping him with is Monk...but that's a very tough call.

also noticed you limited it to players, if you'd included coaches would you have put Gibbs on?

also noticed you limited it to players, if you'd included coaches would you have put Gibbs on?

I was debating for a while between John Riggins and Art Monk. In the end I gave it to Monk because he was a part of all three Super Bowl winning teams and Monk never had a great quarterback throwing him the ball, whereas Riggins had one of the better offensive lines you will ever see blocking for him. I don't have any problem with people thinking Riggins should be on that mountain though. This was an incredibly hard list to narrow down because I had to leave several Hall of Famers off of the list.

If I included coaches I would probably swap Monk for Gibbs. If I included coaches Gibbs would absolutely deserve to be on that list. He is in the Hall of Fame for a reason.

• Upvote 1

fair enough, I think it's borderline criminal that only one of the Hogs is in the HOF and Riggo definitely benefitted from that unit, craziest thing for Gibbs is that he won Super Bowls with three different QBs, I'm pretty sure he's the only coach who can say that

• Upvote 2