Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

I personally don't think it's fair to throw the whole team under the bus for a decision one player made on his own. It's not like Hurdle told him to lean into that pitch. :shrug:

He shouldn't have done it, but Max shouldn't have pitched so far inside with 2 strikes, either. He could've thrown a better pitch. You have to admit that. That pitch was pretty far inside for a guy one strike away from a perfect game.

I'm just fuckin with you, sorry, I was posting from my phone so the post was rather brief. I think that's almost an instinctive reaction for some players to an inside pitch, get on base any way you can, right? Sucks to lose the perfect game like that, but I don't think anyone in the Nats' clubhouse is going to be too heartbroken over a 6-0 no-no ;)

Cardinals bats are eating the Phillies alive -- especially guys like Jason Heyward. Absolutely smoking balls, lately. For this month, he is hitting .302 and the last week he is hitting .364 ... Those are the numbers I like to see! Randall Grichuk's bat is also heating up, dude sent two over the wall today.

It makes me sad that nobody uses this thread.

• Downvote 1

It makes me sad that nobody uses this thread.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Ok, it makes me sad that very few people use this thread. haha

• Upvote 1

Damn it... Jays pitching really needs to be fixed, especially given days when the offense is shut down.

Jays need a closer and a starter.

Jays need a closer and a starter.

:yep: And maybe some bullpen help as well.

And they make a liar out of me by winning 1-0 today.... God this team is annoyingly inconsistent. Drives me batshit lol

Well if you can get a better starting pitcher or two, you can make the bullpen better by having them pitch less. But even still, 6th/7th inning guys can be found easily and cheaply around the deadline. Closers are pretty pricey though.

Well if you can get a better starting pitcher or two, you can make the bullpen better by having them pitch less. But even still, 6th/7th inning guys can be found easily and cheaply around the deadline. Closers are pretty pricey though.

I agree. It also depends on who's available and whether or not the player has an NTC.

They should be in constant contact with the Reds. :yep:

Should be. Who knows what's going on with our GM these days.

Reds and Cards both need to go die in a fire.

EDIT: Josh Donaldson is making a strong case for AL MVP :yep:

Edited by BigBen07

Die in a fire? Why you say those things about me, Ben :(

Man the Mets are in desperate need of consistent bats. Lots of great talent there that can progress but nothing for right now to help the pitching.

The trade deadline grows nearer and nearer.

Nats starters have thrown 41 consecutive scoreless innings and next up is Scherzer who's given up one hit and no runs in 18 innings in his last two appearances :ooo:

Nats starters have thrown 41 consecutive scoreless innings and next up is Scherzer who's given up one hit and no runs in 18 innings in his last two appearances :ooo:

I want to play the Braves more.

Stanton out 4-6 weeks with a broken hamate bone in his left hand. That sucks.

Well the Mets are currently in a better position than I was expecting them to be. Only 3.5 games back from Washington who I was expecting to run riot and only 2 outside the WC spots.

If they make a few nice moves to get bats before the trade deadline they definitely have a shot at a Wild Card spot and possibly the division if they can keep a hand on Washington.

Only 3.5 games back from Washington who I was expecting to run riot

possibly the division if they can keep a hand on Washington.

Nats had a lot of injuries early, they've gotten healthy and caught fire lately, they may still ruin away with the division