Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Cherry's Gladiator Simulator

ScS0pzu.png?1

You may have noticed over the past couple of days that I've been pushing the shit out of this on the box, and trying to draw in people. I decided I'd give up that hopeless effort and go straight for the thread. I'm gonna try to sum up exactly what it is, and why you should check it out.

The Gladiator Simulator is run by three key pieces. (Not including that it's focused on Google Drive.)

The first is a gladiator generator that I've found online that will custom create different fiction gladiators. This includes their height, weight, ethnicity, and biographical info. This is what I use to create the fiction guys who'll be dueling it out in the arena.

The second is a 20-sided die, commonly referred to as a D20. Now, I know what you're thinking, "That's the Dungeons & Dragons shit, isn't it?" Well, not necessarily. The D20 is solely for keeping a unique fight every time. Instead of simply flipping a coin and instantly calling a victor, I prefer to keep the people entertained. By using this, I can allow for some of the worst fuck-ups or some of the greatest attacks. Roll a 1? Your ass is grass. Better hope you don't get hit while you're on the ground, or you'll be in it. Roll a 20? Congratulations, you just fucked up someone.

The third is YOU. The simulator has a vast amount of roles to undertake, and people can do whichever they see most fitting. If you'd like to be an Emperor, and give the thumbs down to unworthy gladiators, you can do that. If you'd like to purchase gladiators and turn them into killing machines, you can do that. If you'd like to take the reins of a gladiator and tell me how exactly you should respond to getting your shit bashed with a shield, you can do that.

Essentially this, my simulator allows you to experience the thrills of the gladiatorial arena through fiction narrative, and an interactive system that makes it a joy to be a part of.

There are 5 houses in my simulator as of now, each located in a different Roman city. These houses contain 8 gladiators each, for the moment, and whoever gets on Google Drive can select the current house's fighters for the match. These matches go down through the houses, and once all 5 houses complete a match, it ends a "cycle". Every 3 cycles there is a massive selection of games that take place, and the houses can mingle their fighters to challenge each other.

In every fight there are two main pieces to a fighter. One is his hit threshold (How high the die roll has to be to do damage) and the other is his health (based on his size and number of victories). The hit threshold will change depending on who is fighting who, for example, a 6'5 guy is a lot easier to hit than a 5'9 guy. Two larger guys fighting have more balanced hit thresholds.

An Emperor may also pick the weapon a gladiator is given, and can change it up between matches if they feel like it is best for their fighter. As of now, the difference of weapons do not actually have a system that changes hit values, however that will be implemented in the future. For now it is solely for the viewer's pleasure.

After every match, the battle's events are shortened in text size and get placed under the "Battle History" section. This allows anyone on the Drive to go back and look at their fighters previous matches. As the archive builds, this will eventually earn its own Drive document.

After every death, the fallen fighter is put into "The Graveyard." The Graveyard takes the character info and adds it to the archived info of other fallen gladiators. It also shows who killed them, and how many moves it took to do so. There is no return from this. If your fighter dies, he will end up here, and he will stay here, no matter how good he is.

Eventually I will add a "Hall of Fame" that keeps records of all the most glorious fighters to have graced the arena. This will not be until we get some seriously good fighters making their name, but eventually we will have this.

After discussion with some of the current players, I've decided to implement beast fights and group fights. A gladiator can take on various animals in a fight to the death. A gladiator can also take on multiple named gladiators (whether he fights with a partner or by himself) or multiple unnamed gladiators. The unnamed gladiators will be much easier to defeat, but if he falls to one, the unnamed gladiator will rise to glory pretty quickly.

Feel free to browse the drive, and see how you like it. There is always room for more players, and I'm available majority of the time to run fights.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ZpqahTrpzkoYCaljwkDL9huJlgXidfHgcFW7DtnGQ/edit

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

thumbs-up.gif

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what's going on but I like. Also.. This is some dungeons and dragons shit, isn't it? :smug:

• Upvote 1

That kid looks like HBK

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what's going on but I like. Also.. This is some dungeons and dragons shit, isn't it? :smug:

:smug:

We should fight tonight. :yep:

We should fight tonight. :yep:

Already running some. Straight savage in group fight. Join in whenever, man.

:corn:

:corn:

Computer died about a week ago. In the shop now.

The only solution is to call into the TGP radio show and life-commentate the fights.

• Upvote 2

We're back, bitch. :smug:

:ooo:

• Upvote 1

It's summer break, folks. :devious:

:ooo:

I quit after that last fuckery. :nonono:

Not your fault Razor's boy had no mercy.