BwareDWare94

The Harry Potter Discussion Thread

I think every forum needs this thread. I'll start us off with a few questions.

1. Was Severus Snape entirely redeemed by the Pensieve scene in book 7?

2. Among the Harry Potter fandom, there are many people who try to crucify characters for moments of poor treatment of their friends (Ron toward Harry in book 4, Hermione toward Luna earlier in the series, Harry when he teams up with Ron over the Crookshanks/Scabbers debacle). Anyway, the question I have is where is the line drawn between characters being terrible to each other and characters being human and going through normal human things?

3. Which death affected you the most?

4. Does is bother you that much of the discussion among the Harry Potter fandom revolves around relationships in the series and/or people's absurd sexual fantasies?

5. Harry Potter has a large amount of fan fiction. When another writer tries to depict one of JK Rowling's characters, is it the same character or does it become a completely separate entity because another writer is all but guaranteed to misrepresent the character?

The Twin dying.

I think every forum needs this thread. I'll start us off with a few questions.

1. Was Severus Snape entirely redeemed by the Pensieve scene in book 7?

2. Among the Harry Potter fandom, there are many people who try to crucify characters for moments of poor treatment of their friends (Ron toward Harry in book 4, Hermione toward Luna earlier in the series, Harry when he teams up with Ron over the Crookshanks/Scabbers debacle). Anyway, the question I have is where is the line drawn between characters being terrible to each other and characters being human and going through normal human things?

3. Which death affected you the most?

4. Does is bother you that much of the discussion among the Harry Potter fandom revolves around relationships in the series and/or people's absurd sexual fantasies?

5. Harry Potter has a large amount of fan fiction. When another writer tries to depict one of JK Rowling's characters, is it the same character or does it become a completely separate entity because another writer is all but guaranteed to misrepresent the character?

Started reading them when I was 7, the last one came out when I was 15. Haven't read any of them since then, so my memories of the last book are hazy, though I do remember much of first five as I read them each multiple times.

1. I think he was.

2. tbh I don't remember any of what you're referencing, lol. I always looked at their relations as kids being kids in kid wizard school. :shrug:

Not Dumbledore's, lol. Or Dobby, fuck Dobby. Probably whichever twin died, like Bay said.

Wait, scratch that, I meant Sirius.

4. I never much discussed the books with other fans because they were invariably fucking corny and annoying. But yeah, that is something that's common among anything geared toward young adults and it's gross and imbecilic. Like how 50 Shades of Gray was originally a disgusting Twilight fan fiction and now the woman is rich off of her dirty fantasies about teen vampires and BDSM.

5. Fan fiction is an abomination.